Author Topic: Storridge Road/Ham development  (Read 367 times)

Offline Damnit

• Hugs: 1
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Storridge Road/Ham development
« on: January 06, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »
Open for consultation prior to applying for planning permission www.your-views.co.uk/westbury  200 houses with greenspace/pond/playarea access centre of Storridge Road knocking through 2 semi detached houses & emergency access where current access gate to the field

Offline Pugwash

• Hugs: 2
Re: Storridge Road/Ham development
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 15:09:08 PM »
So when this development gets planning permission,( as it inevitably will, either on land bank issues or on undefended appeal) I hope  it will contribute the missing funds  to enable the completion of the missing bridge, ( referred to on other threads).   ;D   [beer]

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 15:53:01 PM »
So when this development gets planning permission,( as it inevitably will, either on land bank issues or on undefended appeal) I hope  it will contribute the missing funds  to enable the completion of the missing bridge, ( referred to on other threads).   ;D   [beer]

It is a question to ask the lawyers about because of well established case law that any planning gain such as a financial contribution to nearby infrastructure must RELATE TO the subject development. This one might be rather tenuous ... though the connection road to the needed Mane Way bridge is just the other side of the existing Station Road bridge over the railway ... which means the question must be asked.

At some point, I expect the four Wiltshire Councillors for the Westbury Community Area to be called to a private meeting with planning officers, lawyers and a director or two at County Hall to discuss the priorities for any planning gain.

I would certainly want a contribution to finish the Mane Way bridge....

At this stage, however, it not at all certain that this proposal will get planning permission. Recently, it was proven in an Appeal decision at Semington, that there is just about a five year land supply in the area .... so I cannot see any clear way that permission would have to be given and I think there is a good chance that it would be refused on the basis that the site is not allocated and so is outside and conflicts with policy.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 18:13:51 PM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:            My Blog                                  Twitter

Offline Damnit

• Hugs: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 18:56:54 PM »
Outline planning application has now been submitted 17/12342/OUT

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:16:42 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:            My Blog                                  Twitter