Author Topic: Northern Rock - Taking the p*ss  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
Northern Rock - Taking the p*ss
« on: January 22, 2009, 13:51:00 pm »
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
Re: Northern Rock - Taking the p*ss
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 14:09:53 pm »
Northern Rock's staff are to share £8.8m in bonuses this week. Most employees at the nationalised bank will get 10 per cent of their salaries, or about £2,000 each, under an agreement approved by the Treasury last year.
    ::)   they caused absolute havoc if i remember rightly when they had all that bother... it all happened just a week or so after my sons mortgage was approved by them  ::) lots of things were up in that air then for a lot of people and the queues outside the banks were very long.....

bonus's...surely they and a lot of other firms would be better off in passing the savings over to their customers .... tescos also do a very good bonus scheme as im sure do lots of others.... prices kept high to give top knobs huge wages and perks and bonus's for t he workers wont go down well with the ordinary joe bloggson the street struggling to make ends meet surely??

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 14:27:03 pm »
I would normally have no problem with the workers receiving a nice bonus IF the business had been well run and in profit. BUT, these are the same employees who run the business into the ground  resulting in the government, using taxpayers (our) money to bail them out.
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

cuthbert-murray

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 14:39:09 pm »
i totally agree with the above posts!, one thing i would like to add is why are us shareholders still waiting over a year on for our  compensation the bank has paid off over half the loan recieved from the government well ahead of time, and the company still had a vast portfolio of assets which i feel was just taken by this government , and a year later with banks ina worse  state than what northern rock was allowed to carry on at tax payers exspense, this bonuses are outrageuos considering these are the very people who have caused the scandal in the first place and really personally they should be paying compensation first to shareholders and paying the debt back to the government before any bonus are paid, which too my mind is never.
personal rant over it may not make much sense but ho hum

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 14:39:19 pm »
so we are paying for there bonus then :o

Offline Sector9

• Hugs: 41
  • The Dark Horse from the White Horse
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 14:44:52 pm »
Half of the problem with the Northern Rock scenario is, as in many cases, the problems were made far worse by media involvement. It was the panic caused by this which made people withdraw their cash, making a bad situation worse.

In regards to the bonuses, I suppose it's not ideal is it - should have kept it quiet  ;D
http:// 404 error - Sector9 not found