Author Topic: Motorbikes and nice weather  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
Motorbikes and nice weather
« on: February 23, 2009, 13:22:31 pm »
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
Re: Motorbikes and nice weather
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 15:59:03 pm »
i find it amusing when we get a dry spell we see more bikes on the road,which are nice and clean.bloody fair weather riders get on my *its ::)

a chap at work wont get his bike out of his garage if its wet,and looks at the weather forecast before going out very sad indeed ::)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 16:30:24 pm »
i can see your point bob......  on saturday coming back from trowbridge a large powered motorbike just managed to stay in behind the car he was riding up behind really close to give me time to pass before screaming off at high speed on a blind bend he would have had no chance if there was something coming from t he other direction... i drew in a sharp intake of breatha s i watched him in my rear view mirror overtaking the car he was behind
inpatience kills... he only had to wait a few seconds to get around that corner just past the ham on the bends between  the farm before you get to the trading estate  ::)

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 20:27:55 pm »
Nothing wrong with staying in when it's wet Pat. It's safer in the dry. There are lots more bikers out ATM, which is nice. Always nice to nod to fellow bikers out enjoying the weather than just having people on there own little caccooned boxes who's rather run you off the road than say hi.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 07:49:34 am »
Always nice to nod to fellow bikers out enjoying the weather than just having people on there own little caccooned boxes who's rather run you off the road than say hi.

This is a typical comment from a motorcyclist. Not all, but a lot of these fair weather bikers dressed as Power Rangers have no regard for other road users. They ride so close they are practically in your boot, they pull in front of you at traffic lights like they have the right to be at the front and cut you up when they decide to make a left turn. It's no wonder they get knocked off so often. And on top of that when they are stationary and start the engine up, why do they feel the need to rev it to the point where it sounds like a hedge trimmer on speed!

Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 07:58:27 am »
Bob, I don't disagree that there are some idiots on motorbikes, just as there are idiots in cars that tailgate, speed, overtake in stupid places and rev there engines in supermarket car parks.

Sportsbike riders have small willies, which is why they feel the need to fit silly cans and rev the nuts out there GSX-Rs. ;)
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:29:33 am »
Always nice to nod to fellow bikers out enjoying the weather than just having people on there own little caccooned boxes who's rather run you off the road than say hi.

This is a typical comment from a motorcyclist. Not all, but a lot of these fair weather bikers dressed as Power Rangers have no regard for other road users. They ride so close they are practically in your boot, they pull in front of you at traffic lights like they have the right to be at the front and cut you up when they decide to make a left turn. It's no wonder they get knocked off so often. And on top of that when they are stationary and start the engine up, why do they feel the need to rev it to the point where it sounds like a hedge trimmer on speed!
power rangers that made me :D :D