The Westbury Boards > Westbury News & Discussion

TROLLS in this Forum - Nominate accounts to be deleted here

(1/3) > >>

baldy:
Nominate trolls who should have their account deleted here.

Several new "members" have joined who I believe are mainly the same person who is here just to stir trouble.

It would be useful to have one place to put all the nominations so we can easily see what members think about any nuisance postings.

I'll refrain from making nominations myself at this point.

Al:
No.

There will be no linch mobs. No pitchforks. No burning straw men.

Eric:
Excuse me Mister Hawker but as I understand it you were complaining about over zealous moderation on the other site wasn't you?

baldy:

--- Quote from: Eric on August 04, 2008, 10:16:23 AM ---Excuse me Mister Hawker but as I understand it you were complaining about over zealous moderation on the other site wasn't you?

--- End quote ---

But, I was not asking for "zealous" moderation.

Banning trolls is not zealous. It is necessary to the survival of a reasonable forum, especially if the trolls become a real pest.

Clearly, my suggestion was designed to catch situations where they become a real pest.

I made no suggestion that anyone who has not behaved badly like a troll should be nominated. That would be lynch mob behaviour which I do not condone.

Eric:

--- Quote from: baldy on August 04, 2008, 10:51:53 AM ---But, I was not asking for "zealous" moderation.

Banning trolls is not zealous. It is necessary to the survival of a reasonable forum, especially if the trolls become a real pest.

Clearly, my suggestion was designed to catch situations where they become a real pest.

I made no suggestion that anyone who has not behaved badly like a troll should be nominated. That would be lynch mob behaviour which I do not condone.

--- End quote ---

I don't know Councillor Hawker. You seemed such a reasonable and decent bloke when I first joined this forum 4 days ago and now you are upsetting everyone. I hope there is nothing wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version