Author Topic: young mum jailed for burglary  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
young mum jailed for burglary
« on: August 04, 2008, 13:12:48 pm »
A YOUNG mum who stole thousands in a burglary at a friend's house and tried to pinch lead from the roof of a shopping centre has been jailed for a year.

Laura Dommett, 22, formerly of Pitman Avenue in Trowbridge, was already on a suspended sentence for burglary when she committed the offences to fund her drug habit.

But Dommett, who turned to drugs after the death of the father of her children from an overdose, failed to comply with the order and continued to offend.

rest of story on link
stealing from a friend??? how bad is that... i wouldnt have thought you could get much lower apart from stealing from your family of course       :-X how terrible is that???

Jayday

Re: young mum jailed for burglary
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 13:14:33 pm »
The sad truth about drug addiction. So desperate for the next fix they will often steal from friends and relatives.

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 13:17:17 pm »
The sad truth about drug addiction. So desperate for the next fix they will often steal from friends and relatives.
yes i know..... my ex sis in law was one  caused havok in the family all over

Offline Eric

• Hugs: 25
  • I might be old but I'm clean with my own teeth.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 13:34:27 pm »
Terrible things drugs are. Never heard of when I were a lad. All we had was a pint and our Woodbines. Far happier times.

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 13:56:39 pm »
correct i have seen some close family member stealing to get the next fix,not nice thats for sure.........