Author Topic: what do you think?...  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
what do you think?...
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:17:18 AM »
http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/letters/display.var.2425571.0.riding_on_pavements_is_selfpreservation.php

saw this letter on the letter page and must admit i quite agree with this person... riding on the roads nowadays is quite a danger. i would hate to do it... the lorries thundering by...cars to close...pot holes in the road and generally bad riding surfaces.... sounds a nightmare to me....
http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/letters/display.var.2425571.0.riding_on_pavements_is_selfpreservation.php

It is interesting to see that mechanically propelled wheelchairs have been allowed on pavements despite the dangers they can pose. Many such vehicles are used by folk whose reflexes are not what they used to be. I certainly would not want to move these mobility aids on to the roads but I make the observation simply to show that new technology has forced a change in the law. If the bicycle was invented tomorrow, would it be allowed to join the wheelchairs on the pavement or would it be forced into the road traffic maelstrom?

i have to agree with this person about mobility wheelchairs...especially the ones used my people who cant move quickly themselvves. i came a cross a few of them in newcastle... they race up behind you on the paths and sound a horn telling "you" the pedestrain to get out of the way cos they are coming through
i was also attacked by one in coopers as well not long ago as you will remember from a post i did on the other forum.... not even an apology for the woman concerned... just as well i am amply padded in the stomach area and not pregnat or it would have been a different story im sure.....
if momtorised wheelchairs are allowed on the paths legally  then i cant see no reason why bikes cant be either..... solong as they are ridden safely and sensibly.... those who dont get warned and fined  easy isnt it? or not??? 
whats your views oe cycle paths everywhere ( cars still go on those though from what ive seen in trow)

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
Re: what do you think?...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:48:18 AM »
Can someone in a mobility scooter gets points for reckless driving?
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 08:52:57 AM »
Can someone in a mobility scooter gets points for reckless driving?
they cant can they?? they dont have driving liciences to drive them............ or do they?
if so that woman i saw in the dark and rain on the wrong side of the road IN the road when there was paths both sides of the road should have got loads of points for that dangerous bit of work...and on a bend too.... i flashed the lorry going towards her as he wouldnt know she was  coming up to the ben as he was approaching it from the other side of the bend...crazy woman........

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 08:57:41 AM »
I can get points on my driving license for being an idiot on my push bike (so I'm told), so I assumed mobility nutters could too.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 13:22:42 PM »
I can get points on my driving license for being an idiot on my push bike (so I'm told), so I assumed mobility nutters could too.

oohhhh  i didnt know that..   what if you havent got a licience??     then the answer to that is they cant i suppose?  ::)

Offline Sector9

• Hugs: 41
  • The Dark Horse from the White Horse
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 13:27:37 PM »
Well technically if you're in a mobility scooter and get drunk you could be done for driving a motorised vehicle whilst under the influence...
http:// 404 error - Sector9 not found