Author Topic: pub watch expel mike cuthbert-murray over public remarks  (Read 10378 times)

cuthbert-murray

pub watch expel mike cuthbert-murray over public remarks
« on: August 15, 2009, 08:04:35 AM »
I have been in formed by the media that pubwatch have expelled me for a  piece in the last issue of the Whn.
No one from this organisation had the courtesy to contact me , about this and a letter was sent to the media

After speaking to nearly 90% of pubwatch members yesterday it has become apparent not one knew of this decision and where not informed by the chairman , the members I have spoken to are totally horrified by this issue concerning my treatment.
I intend to bring this subject up at the highest level , regarding this undemocratic group led by a an ex publican with little understanding of what democracy is and bring him and his organisation to account!
http://fsmail02.orange.co.uk/webmail/en_GB/read.html?pj_mail=yes&FOLDER=SF_INBOX&PJ_RANG=2&IDMSG=809
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:24:52 AM by cuthbert-murray »

Online baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
Re: pub watch expel mike cuthbert-murray over public remarks
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 08:46:46 AM »
I have now heard more about what has happened, and I have seen the letter from Westbury Pub Watch  (which contains a list of self-evident false claims and exaggerations as well as a 'reply to' address of Westbury Police Station).

I am appalled at the bad behaviour of Westbury Pub Watch in trying to slime a councillor via the media - and without discussing the matter with the councillor first - for successfully doing his job.

Mike C-M was the person who pushed everyone - including the Police - to act to deal with the problem of street drinkers causing hassle.  He called the recent meeting in Westbury led by Anti-Social Behavior Officers from Wiltshire Council, in his capacity as the local Wiltshire Councillor. This meeting with the Police has led to action to deal with the problem.

At no stage did Mike say the pubs were involved. And, no mention was made of Pub Watch - because it was not involved either (ie. it has done nothing).

White Horse News wrote the article and quoted numerous people about the problem, including 15-year old girls.   Mike did not write the article, he simply answered questions and explained what is happening.

It is simply not on for a body that has requested a representative from the town council to then pick and choose who that rep will be. That is a decision for the council only.

It is even worse - libelous - to make allegations in writing that Mike C-M has done anything wrong and has caused damage to anything when, in fact, he was simply dealing with the problem to remove it and when it was the newspaper that wrote ONE article.

As far as I am concerned, this is extremely bad behaviour on the part of a self-interested industry body that has gone to the media in an attempt to malign a very busy councillor with a twisted tale as if he has done something wrong.

This bad behaviour will now need to be discussed at a public meeting of the town council.

Westbury Pub Watch has some serious explaining to do ... and is now in danger of being expelled from the town council's list of bodies that it supports.

And - just to emphasise how seriously I view this bad, disgraceful and foolish behaviour by Westbury Pub Watch ...... this matter will be dealt with at the next Westbury Area Board meeting of Wiltshire Council on 16 September.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:28:38 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline charlie finbow

• Hugs: 65
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 09:43:03 AM »
I totally agree Russell i have also seen the letter and there are more false claims than a dodgy insurance co.   Pub Watch should be congratulating those involved having solved the problem quickly and efficiently.

Online baldy

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 09:49:51 AM »

I totally agree Russell i have also seen the letter and there are more false claims than a dodgy insurance co.   Pub Watch should be congratulating those involved having solved the problem quickly and efficiently.

Exactly.

These antics by Pub Watch will not be tolerated.

I am absolutely sure about what the General Public will think, when they understand the facts ..........

...    (Political stirs caused by certain party members can be ignored for what they are - opportunistic stirs - in this matter).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:51:55 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »
im disgusted too with how mike has been treated. all he has done is told what he and his partner has seen on certaon occasions and what has been reported to him personally as a councillor  ::)      i think its outragous 

pub watch !!!  what a laugh...how many actually take notice of it? who are they to suddenly take the moral high ground???     there is one person i know of who is on the pubwatch bann until 2011 bbbbbbbut he is allowed in a few of the local pubs with their knowledge and the police's too for that matter                :-X  and they hve the nerve to kick out mike because he has highlighted a few of the problems around the market place !!!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:25:24 AM by Debs »

Online baldy

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 12:24:19 PM »
I see that PC Nick Holt has posted the following on the other forum:

Charlie,

I want to try & stay out of this as much as possible because it seems to be drawing me into the world of partisan politics, which isn't correct, but I would like to make one thing clear; It was not as a result of any news article or otherwise that has put pressure on Police to resolve this problem, we have been working with the County Council for some months on his particular problem, the only thing that these articles have done is to precipitate a meeting last week where Neighbourhood Policing Team & Council informed select members of the Town Council what actions had been completed & where we were with the problem. The problem has been largely resolved with one drinker having been rehomed & the other having been evicted from their home in Westbury (through their own actions).

So in short, press coverage may have highlighted a community concern, but it was something we were already dealing with through a partnership approach (a point which I have been labouring since this concern was first raised..)

Rgds
Nick

It can be seen here: http://westburytownforums.com/v1/index.php/topic,13479.msg93849/topicseen.html#msg93849

To say the least, I find this an interesting account of the sequence of events.

I will check the claims that something was going on with the County Council (now Wiltshire Council).

As far as I am aware, the AntiSocial Behaviour officers at County Hall have only just become aware of the problem because of Cllr Mike C-M raising the issue with them.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 13:20:41 PM by baldy »

Online baldy

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 12:33:20 PM »
I also note that Mike C-M has consulted with his litigation lawyers about dealing with the scurillous claims published about him, as if he has done something wrong, by this group called Westbury Pub Watch.

I expect Mr Jackson, the Pub Watch chairman, will need to quickly consult with his members about whether he is covered by the members for any liability arising to him on behalf of the Pub Watch members as a result of his libelous letter.

Stand by for pigeons to scatter far and wide .......

cuthbert-murray

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 12:43:42 PM »
I can quite clearly say Farrer & Co have been instructed to act and deal with this matter on my behalf as of this morning.  all correspondence via letters Personal messages sent via through public forums will be submitted straight away for their pleasure concerning this matter

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 12:51:02 PM »
Seems Nick Holts is not seeing the two issues as separate. One of which is the drunks (be they 50 or 15) in the Market Place (and around town) generally, the other of the disturbance some drinkers/pubs seem to be causing to residents. The later is no better from what can be read on the 'had enough' thread.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 18:04:34 PM »
I can quite clearly say Farrer & Co have been instructed to act and deal with this matter on my behalf as of this morning.  all correspondence via letters Personal messages sent via through public forums will be submitted straight away for their pleasure concerning this matter
hi mike i agree with others on here bloody disgusting,i hope it goes well for your with the solicitors.just for the record i think you a credit to wesbury as a councilor keep up the good work.chin up mate..........
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 18:13:54 PM by pat »

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 18:14:20 PM »
you might find this interesting  :(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:11:47 PM by Debs »

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 18:15:17 PM »
you might find this interesting  :(
very interesting indeed Ma....

i really would like to say what i think about that letter but it will contain to many swear words >:(
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 18:16:48 PM by pat »

Offline Silverthreads

• Hugs: 57
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 22:39:07 PM »
Good luck Mike. I have tried to look at the link that Russell put on his post but apparently I am banned! Is that the 'other' town forum?
Is it time for your Medication or mine?

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 22:50:12 PM »
Good luck Mike. I have tried to look at the link that Russell put on his post but apparently I am banned! Is that the 'other' town forum?

yes thats the old forum.......             ::)

Offline Silverthreads

• Hugs: 57
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 22:53:21 PM »
 :( I hardly ever posted on that forum and cetainly not anything untoward!!
Is it time for your Medication or mine?