Author Topic: cute and sweet  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
cute and sweet
« on: July 29, 2008, 22:53:05 PM »
wasnt sure where to put this as its not a  joke...just sweet adn cute

A   farmer had some puppies he needed to sell. He  painted a sign  advertising the 4 pups And set  about nailing it to a post on the edge  of his  yard. As he was driving the last nail into the  post, he  felt a tug on his overalls. He looked  down into the eyes of little  boy. 

'Mister,' he said, 'I want to buy one  of your  puppies.'   

'Well,'   said the farmer,
as he rubbed the sweat off  the back of his  neck, 'These puppies come from  fine parents and cost a good deal of  money.' 

The boy dropped his head for a moment. 
Then  reaching deep into his pocket,
he  pulled out a handful of change 
and held it up  to the farmer.

'I've got thirty-nine cents.   
Is that enough to take a   look?'   

'Sure,'   said the farmer.
And with that he let out a   whistle. 
'Here, Dolly!' he called. 
Out from the doghouse and down the  ramp ran 

Dolly followed by four little balls of   fur.   

The   little boy pressed his face against the chain link  fence. His  eyes danced with delight.

As  the dogs made their way to the   fence,

the   little boy noticed something else stirring inside  the  doghouse.   
Slowly   another little ball appeared, this one noticeably  smaller. Down  the ramp it slid. Then in a somewhat  awkward manner, the little pup  began hobbling  toward the others, doing its best to catch up...   

'I want that one,' the little boy  said, pointing to  the runt. The farmer knelt down  at the boy's side and said, 'Son, you  don't want  that puppy.  He will never be able to run and    play with you like these other dogs would.' 

With  that the little boy stepped back from  the fence, reached down, and  began rolling up one  leg of his trousers.   

In   doing so he revealed a steel brace running down  both sides of  his leg attaching itself to a  specially made shoe.

Looking  back up at  the farmer, he said,
'You see sir, I don't run   too well myself,
and he will need someone who   understands.'   

With   tears in his eyes, the farmer reached down and  picked up the  little pup.

Holding   it carefully handed it to the little boy. 

'How  much?' asked the little boy.   'No  charge,'  answered  the  farmer, 'There's no charge for love.' 

The world  is full of people who need  someone who  understands.