Author Topic: time off????  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
time off????
« on: August 06, 2008, 07:39:55 AM »
when you have time off work and fancy a nice day trip out with you family, where would you go or like going to? and why?  where do you reccomend?  ;D

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
Re: time off????
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 07:49:39 AM »
i like going to places that i have been going to for years and showing my partner them and seeing them through new eyes so to speak ( he is from up north and hasnt been down  for day trips before) 
 i have taken him to weymouth.. always been there girl and adult  imagine my surprise when we found the harbour... i hadnt been there as an adult before.. its nice exploring and finding out new things together...
sandbanks was lovely too... all those new rocks ( sea calming devces) and seating places just out to sea was interesting..we stayed there for ages....
kennet and avon canal...WELL... what can i say.. i had never walked along the canal side  ever... it was lovely... watching the barges go by and sitting watching how the locks worked...most were different.. now that was interesting and a first for me... stopping at a pub an having a nice refreshing cold pint of coke was evern better..im sure we walked miles  lol and i had got a touch of sunstoke   ooops  that will teach me....

that airodrome

been t here on and off over the years with the kids... we had actually ound something that girls and boys liked to do ... the actually sat at a bench and were speachless...  wasnt very often they were quiet...but the planes flying in and out at quite close quarters certainly enthralled them and of course they were feeding their faces as well at the same time  lol

anywhere you recomend then???
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 16:46:20 PM by myangel »

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
Re: time off????
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 16:46:01 PM »
Locally:

Heavens gate of course.
Cley Hill
Shearwater lake
rare breeds farm (Norton St phillip)

Further afield:

Old Wardour Castle
Stourhead and King Alfreds tower
The Courts
Great Chalfield manor
Avebury
Cain Hill Locks

Loads more that I can't think of just now
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!