Author Topic: Winter driving  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
Winter driving
« on: December 01, 2009, 11:17:30 am »
I note on the WT site that once again geniuses are given driving licenses. http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/headlines/4769111.Icy_conditions_bring_chaos_to_Wiltshire_roads/

This happens every year. The clue to it happening is that there is a frost and you have to de-ice your car (if its been outside), yet seemingly people fail to notice these signs and drive like turnips (sorry if that offends any turnips reading this).

Having driven back from Birmingham last night I can tell you that the roads I went on were well salted, so whilst people shoudl be responsible for their own actions, they can't try and blame the council.

</rant>
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline charlie finbow

• Hugs: 65
Re: Winter driving
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 14:09:48 pm »
I agree Al.   Drive to what you can see, the conditions you are facing and your own competence as a driver.  Black Ice is known to form in shadow ie trees, high hedges etc but i guess its a good excuse.   Rember the major factor in all accidents is bad driving.

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 14:30:24 pm »
too many people driving too fast this morning,and one tosspot was on his mobile what a w****r >:( >:(

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 17:51:46 pm »
too many people driving too fast this morning,and one tosspot was on his mobile what a w****r >:( >:(
i saw a taxi in westbury this morning WITH a passenger in it...the driver was on a mobile chatting away as he manovered around a roundabout...... if i had beent he passenger i would have told him to stop n let me out if he insisted on driving whilst on the fone.... i dont do it and i dont expect anyone to do it when im a passenger in their car either....i value my life and my safety to much

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 13:13:26 pm »
had a classic this morning,a woman looking at some kind of pocket mirror :-\ while driving, then stopped at traffic lights and was putting make up on,d**k head >:(