Author Topic: Snow!  (Read 29631 times)

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
Re: Snow!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 15:09:11 PM »
but you work from home big Al................
I'm on site at a client's tomorrow. But I think I'll cycle.

And with regards Charlie's words on Posties, here here!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 15:10:48 PM by Al »
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 15:36:49 PM »
our post hasnt been delivered but you cant blame the postie blame the health and safety culture who might not want posties to fall over on the wrong sort of snow.  When its chucking it down with rain still people moan their post is wet.  Good on you posties shame others dont have the same level of commitment.  [app] [app]

It may not be the fault of the health and safety culture, Charlie. You may just not have letters coming your way today!!
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy

Offline Dana Scully

• Hugs: 13
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 16:37:38 PM »
We walked to the one stop in Queens Square and there was not 1 pint of milk or 1 loaf of bread, we have only had the snow a few hours so I presume the lack of both is down to idiots panicking and buying up half the shop.

The shops should put a limit to the amount of bread and milk you can buy, now our little one has just enough milk for tonight and nothing for tomorrow morning.

Greedy feckers  >:(

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 17:16:04 PM »
We walked to the one stop in Queens Square and there was not 1 pint of milk or 1 loaf of bread, we have only had the snow a few hours so I presume the lack of both is down to idiots panicking and buying up half the shop.

The shops should put a limit to the amount of bread and milk you can buy, now our little one has just enough milk for tonight and nothing for tomorrow morning.

Greedy feckers  >:(
rose went down one stop this morning,and a woman bought six loaves of bread.............

Offline Dana Scully

• Hugs: 13
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 17:28:37 PM »
There you go, idiots panic buying when they dont need that much, and putting everyone else in the plop.

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 18:40:21 PM »
they just mentioned on the tv about panic buying and lorries not getting through......    people who panic buy always make it much worse for everyone else............

i have a  stock cupboard ( my kids have always moaned about it for years, but know where to come when they need soup cos theyre feeling ill ) i have always stored extra tins of fruit,pasta/spaghetti,  carrots peas potatoes meat, jars of sauces (currys/ pasta), salmon beans soups tomatoes ect.... if snowed in we wouldnt need to go out looking for a supermarket for a fortnight or so...   milk and bread we can do without... he dont use milk in his coffee and i usually have squash or coke/lemonade anyway or hot chocolate which already has the milk in it
its an old habit brought on when you have 4 kids to feed and 2 bring home  mates and ask if they can stay for tea, i could always produce food with 2 extra kids or more anytime :)
i think i should have been a scout.... "always be prepared "    ::)

Offline Al

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 18:49:55 PM »
Well, cycling is fun! Rode up to the trading estate and back. Mostly fine, except by the Dairy which was sheet ice and I fell off, gently. More fun tomorrow! ;D

Offline Al

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 19:11:10 PM »
If you are driving tonight, mind the junction of Oldfield Road and Mane Way. Its sheet ice and most people are hitting the curb etc.

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 19:15:00 PM »
hoping the roads are going to be ok for tomorrow afternoon....im visiting in the hospital there....
i did hear that warminster was blocked off :(   

any updates from anyone???

p.s im bit of a nervous driver in the snow n ice :(

Offline madman

• Hugs: 0
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 20:11:18 PM »
The temperature tonight is going down to minus 7 or more that will freeze slush which is ridged by traffic and make road like ploughed field with no give also roads will be a sheet of ice , its allright on the flat but up hill and down hill will be a problem, just drive as though you have no brakes, because if you touch that brake pedal you won`t stop,until you hit something.

Offline Al

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 15:57:44 PM »
If you are driving tonight, mind the junction of Oldfield Road and Mane Way. Its sheet ice and most people are hitting the curb etc.
People just don't listen. Just ridden by and there are two car on the side of the road dented and bent. Plenty of idiots out on Mane Way when I walked to Tesco, biggest one was a Police fast responder. He may be "qualified" but he was still driving like a cock. Wish I'd got his plate.

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2010, 16:04:28 PM »
dont think im gonna risk going to warminster..the main road might be nice and clear out of westbury but there is no saying what the road is like going to the hospital in warminster .... so i wont even bother trying to dig out my car.....
im not a confident driver in the snow n ice anyway and would rather  be safe than sorry     
i like the snow...but it drives me mad when the country comes to a standstill because the roads are cleared or safe  to use ( or rather it is its just the numpties that use it arent safe)

Offline Al

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2010, 16:17:20 PM »
I love driving on snow, its great. But the main roads and around town are not the place to do it! A nice private road and pure bliss, just need wipes on the side windows ;)

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 16:22:54 PM »
just started up the car as its not been used since monday and it didnt quite like it....   took a couple of goes  :( .... gone down to - 5 again according to temp in the car better make sure i go out every day  start it or it will end up like my brothers and be dead lol  ::)           

Offline Al

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2010, 16:27:14 PM »
If you keep starting it, without then driving to recharge the battery, it'll be dead. The worst thing you can do is to keep starting it up and not driving it. If you are worried, take the battery out and keep it inside, or get an Optimate (as I have for my motorbike 'cos no f'king way am I riding it ATM!).