Author Topic: Moonfest festival  (Read 37942 times)

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
Re: Moonfest festival
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2008, 14:31:01 pm »
so it had nothing to do with the fact that they had only sold 150 tickets??

Offline Rosebud

• Hugs: 57
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2008, 14:34:20 pm »
No pat it was the police that stopped friday's event, so they cancelled the whole lot
I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back

Offline Sally Beenwell

• Hugs: 23
  • Sally
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2008, 14:38:11 pm »
OMG

I've just come across my 12-incher.

Boasting again are we? you,ll go blind 8)

Don't Let me be the first to say That i told you so. Baldy is on the Forum to let you know how important he thinks he is. Just wants to blow his own trumpet. Dare you disagree you will be called Stupid and your comments Will be classified as Moronic.
YOU HEARD IT 1ST HERE

Offline pat

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2008, 14:38:53 pm »
No pat it was the police that stopped Friday's event, so they cancelled the whole lot
i kind of gathered that,but was it down to the lack of sales?

Offline pat

« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2008, 14:39:40 pm »
OMG

what you going on about?

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2008, 14:44:25 pm »
No pat it was the police that stopped Friday's event, so they cancelled the whole lot
i kind of gathered that,but was it down to the lack of sales?

i would imagine that when the friday was cancelled the organizers realised their sale were very much down as he was supposed to be pulling in the custom.....  and decided what the hell so got in a paddy and threw their toys out and cancelled the whole lot

Offline Sector9

• Hugs: 41
  • The Dark Horse from the White Horse
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2008, 14:44:43 pm »
OMG

what you going on about?

Rick Astley's full 12 inches Pat. Which I'm willing to pay for
http:// 404 error - Sector9 not found

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2008, 14:48:51 pm »
OMG

what you going on about?

i stsill go tmy first l.p i ever bought in 1973  the osmonds...lol  no one couldpay me enough money for it... i would never sell it.... its been everywhere with me..along with donny and marrie bought the following year and bay city roller one too

Jayday

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2008, 14:49:54 pm »
Babyshambles were the main crowd puller, as they only managed to sell 150 tickets I think it's fair to say the event would have been a disaster without the main group there.

Looks like it would have flopped even if the Babyshambles had played.

Offline pat

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2008, 14:55:55 pm »
Babyshambles were the main crowd puller, as they only managed to sell 150 tickets I think it's fair to say the event would have been a disaster without the main group there.

Looks like it would have flopped even if the Babyshambles had played.
exactly,therefore the organizers wouldn't have been able to pay for the police etc...

Offline pat

« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2008, 14:56:50 pm »
OMG

what you going on about?

it would make a good Frisbee,that's about all ;D

Jayday

« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2008, 11:29:29 am »
Statement by Wiltshire Police http://www.wiltshire.police.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=336:moonfest-statement&catid=43:news&Itemid=50

Having read various reports, ignoring the ones from more sensational newspapers it seems that the issue was not with the Babyshambles but the quality and quantity of security staff employed. The Babyshambles were not banned from attending. The event on Friday had its licence pulled due to concerns over public safety. This was linked to the Babyshambles, however could be overcome if the organiser put certain security measures in place.

This is purely my own opinion based on what I have read. I have no knowledge of the planning or consultation that took place.

I'm sure Russell will get to the bottom of this and publish a response based on fact.

Of course 'Pete Doherty Banned from Festival' sounds much better than 'Licence Revoked due to Public Safety Fears'
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 13:53:24 pm by Jayday »

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 82
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2008, 15:20:53 pm »
I agree with JayDay.

I've been informed by WWDC licensing officers that the magistrate's court cancelled the premises licence (for any entertainment, alcohol etc) on the Friday only due to safety fears after listening to evidence given by the Police and the festival organisers (and their barristers).

I don't know anything about the detailed discussions and negotiations which went on between WWDC officers, police and the festival organisers about revising the security arrangements as new details came in about the type of risks emerging, but it is fair to say that the Police were very positive about the festival right through all the planning stages and it is very normal for Police to ask for revised security arrangements if the perceived risks change. I read on one website that the organiser refused to increase the security staff after the Police asked for this. Therefore, it is debateable whether the festival organiser was serious about defending the application to cancel the Friday licence in Court (ie. as ticket sales were low, it may have suited him for it to be cancelled anyway).

Clearly, the festival organisers and Press span their own line to make an interesting story. I know for myself that some sections of the Press love to print a headline along the lines of "Well-known character BANNED from something" .... whether its true or not.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 15:44:08 pm by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2008, 16:47:39 pm »
(ie. as ticket sales were low, it may have suited him for it to be cancelled anyway).

thats my personal opinion too....... low sales so that was just the push he needed to "get out of it"  ::)