Author Topic: Hillsborough disaster  (Read 56809 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
Re: Hillsborough disaster WAS caused by pushing and shoving!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 21:31:37 pm »
oh dear.... not getting better is it....  im still reading the comments on the redandwhitekop.com forum , the feelings are running very high and quite understandable in the circumstances   
russell you have stirred up a right hornets nest now havent you...???   maybe ur right mike and a holiday away somewhere....abroad maybe certainly NOT up north

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 21:36:31 pm »
perhaps a one way ticket,might be in order........................

cuthbert-murray

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 22:50:15 pm »
interview live with russell tmoro 8.10am 5live

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 22:59:27 pm »
now wont that be interesting ??   :)  gonna go n see if i got it on my tv in the bed room  :)
one has to wonder if he is going to try n squirm out of the sugare he has found himself in or if he will indeed apologise to all those people who he has hurt and upset and angered ( more the correct word i think)
maybe this is one day he wishes that people werent all entitled to his opinion ...sorry russell along with everyone else i think you have put your huge size 14's into something a bit more than even you can control

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 82
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 00:13:25 am »

This is untrue.

I gave an interview to BBC Wiltshire Radio today and heard clips about it in the news on air this afternoon and during the "Drive" programme between about 5.30 and 6pm.

Apart from finishing a discussion with Western Daily Press early tomorrow morning and also a chat with the new Westbury People web site tomorrow, I'm not doing anything further.

I have not heard of 5 Live.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 00:19:47 am by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 07:52:58 am »
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 08:24:22 am »

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 08:26:21 am »

I have not heard of 5 Live.

5 live is radio5       

cuthbert-murray

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 08:34:38 am »
just heard the report on the radio wiltshire and radio 5

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 08:36:19 am »
after reading the comments on the liverpool supporters forum russell i see that they are all baying for your head on a stick it seams ( so to speak)
do you think this could be the end of of your career politically wise?? by the sound of it they aim to cripple you in that way and have contacted every body they can think of. even coming on both the forums as well.
i did wonder at the ideaof putting full name address and home and mopbile numbers on the infomation about yourselves and other councillors and now i can see i was right to be concerned. looks lilke you will have to change your numbers arent you?

if i see a coach from liverpool arrive here im gonna battenn down the hatches until they have left..

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 08:37:52 am »
just heard the report on the radio wiltshire and radio 5

really???   ive only just turned  off  radio 5 aftering being on there for half hour waiting for it and didnt hear anything
wonder how come i missed it!!!

russell said that was untrue
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:52:49 am by Debs »

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 09:34:32 am »
if i see a coach from liverpool arrive here im gonna battenn down the hatches until they have left..
Debs, no need to panic. Liverpudlians are lovely folk and won't cause trouble for the general populous just a specific individual. I'm sure they appreciate that just 'cos we live in the same town, we don't share the same views as Russell.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 82
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 09:38:56 am »
I think that someone has muddled up what happened.

I have had no approach from anyone about any live interview.

I believe that someone in Swindon is being interviewed this morning and I suppose he has jumped to the conclusion that the person he wants to talk about (me) would be involved as well. I suppose he has told people the wrong information and now I am being accused of dodging a live interview.

I do not think that anything I've said would justify a live interview.

I simply made some comments which do not deserve all the publicity they are getting, not least because I do not stand on a national platform and anyone outside my local area really should have no care about my comments as they don't matter ...

As a local councillor, the only people who should care about what I say are local people who choose to take an interest.

I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 09:57:58 am »

As a local councillor, the only people who should care about what I say are local people who choose to take an interest.

and of course other people will take an interest if you go public with any comments about what happened to them or their friends and family and in such horriffic circumstances as well.  im quite sure i would be annoyed with coments about my family and friends that i know to be untrue

below is a quote from the liverpool fan forum

On a sunny April Saturday at about 9.30 my wife, myself and numerous friends, ranging from teenagers to pensioners set of for an F.A Cup semi final in Sheffield.
At 10 in the morning on the following day my wife and myself were tying scarfs onto the Shankly gates in honour of those supporters who had died or were still lying in hospital beds in Sheffield.
Each event in those few short hours is firmly etched in my mind and in the mind of every supporter who witnessed those horrific events unfold. We knew the truth of that day, the inadequate emergency facilities at the ground, the inept policing, the honour and bravery of Liverpool fans who helped to save lives whilst those there to "control" us stood motionless on the halfway line as people lay dying and those "brave" police who told us to shut up and pushed supporters back into the cages.[/

i would imagine this would make anyone think twice about saying something they know nothing about from personal experiance. THOSE  who were there all saying the same...  footage intself showing the same.....   reading some of this stuff is horrible but has to be done to understand why the liverpool fans have such strong feeling on this matter. i can certainly see why they do and i have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST IN FOOTBALL whatsoever. imagine watching your family friends and co supporters all laying dying and no one does anything to help.. in my opinion that fencing was a terrible idea. gates should all have been unlocked, fencing taken down so the people could have escaped and not peril. the game, money fights ect could have been sorted out afterwards.

.peoples lives are more important than money any day of the week. ive been in that position my self when ruh put money before my sons life and he died..( yes i know old story  BUT it still happens)  so im with liverpool on this one, they have the right to demand answers and should get them not flannel by a governement trying to cover it up and pass the buck....

my opinion only....deb

having trouble with the quotes this morning... stuff in red is MY opinion only
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 15:05:33 pm by Debs »

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 10:06:32 am »
Fair enough. In that case let me say this:

Russell, this time you have stepped over even your usual line. On an issue that really has nothing to do with you or the people of Westbury, you have managed (rightly or wrongly) to make yourself, and in part Westbury and Wiltshire, look foolish, misguided and downright insensitive. Whilst I am more than happy to defend anyone's right to an opinion (even yours Russell), I do think that has to be measure against how it is said, in what context it will be taken and who it will impact upon. You spoke as a private individual, but given your public  standing it was always likely to be taken more widely and misinterpreted by others (who have known strong feelings). Sadly you appear to have misjudged the entire event and through your actions have caused further upset to people I doubt you ever intended to upset, but who you seem incapable of understanding and resolving the situation with.

You are a good local councillor Russell, please stick with that and what you do to help locally.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.