Author Topic: Want to be a Councillor?  (Read 5883 times)

Offline Eric

• Hugs: 25
  • I might be old but I'm clean with my own teeth.
Re: Want to be a Councillor?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 19:31:46 PM »

I have no idea what you are on about in Eden Vale. It looks highly libellous as a new councillor lives in Eden Vale.

How can I libel someone by saying it was a councillor who LIVED (past tense you silly old sod) there? Anyway it was all perfectly true. In the papers as well.

As for your own antics. How many people run about getting warned by the police? There was obviously something not right for them to warn you. The police don't go around warning people off for no reason and IIRC this happened several times as well. Hardly what the electorate expect from a councillor is it?

Let's not forget about that time you were dragged away screaming and kicking on suspicion of mass murder in London as well.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 19:35:15 PM by Eric »

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 19:43:01 PM »

I have no idea what you are on about in Eden Vale. It looks highly libellous as a new councillor lives in Eden Vale.

How can I libel someone by saying it was a councillor who LIVED (past tense you silly old sod) there? Anyway it was all perfectly true. In the papers as well.

As for your own antics. How many people run about getting warned by the police? There was obviously something not right for them to warn you. The police don't go around warning people off for no reason and IIRC this happened several times as well. Hardly what the electorate expect from a councillor is it?

The Police got involved because Mr Braid went running to them with a pack of lies and about 500 pages of clippings from long email discussions where he and I disagreed on things. What the over-zealous Police officers missed was that it was a political dispute and had nothing to do with harassment.

In fact the police came to discuss the allegations made by Bill once. They tried to get me to sign a piece of paper called a warning, but I refused. I never heard about it again from them. I have since learnt that there is no such "warning" procedure under the anti-harassment legislation. It is simply a Police device to show that they drew the allegations to someones attention so they know what is being alleged.  The Police did say that this is their normal procedure for couples who have split and who are continuing to argue to try to prevent any escalation of the dispute.

The warning is basically advice on what the police do not want to see happen. It is not a record that anything has happened.  Basically, Bill tried to stitch me up and ran to the papers who misunderstood what a warning is.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 19:46:36 PM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:            My Blog                                  Twitter

Offline Sector9

• Hugs: 41
  • The Dark Horse from the White Horse
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 19:45:23 PM »

Hardly what the electorate expect from a councillor is it?

this is no ordinary councillor!
http:// 404 error - Sector9 not found

Offline Eric

• Hugs: 25
  • I might be old but I'm clean with my own teeth.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 20:03:30 PM »
The Police did say that this is their normal procedure for couples who have split and who are continuing to argue to try to prevent any escalation of the dispute.

The warning is basically advice on what the police do not want to see happen. It is not a record that anything has happened.  Basically, Bill tried to stitch me up and ran to the papers who misunderstood what a warning is.

Ah, I see what you are saying now, that you and Bill Braid were a couple and everyone else misunderstood this. It's ok Russell. I'm very broad minded.

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 20:04:28 PM »
another thread going the same way it seems.... trolls, accusations, denials, pages long posts  and then locked ::)            [app]