Author Topic: Facebook addicts ... LOSE friends because people get sick of their updates  (Read 1584 times)

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
Why Facebook addicts are at most risk of LOSING their friends because people get sick of their updates

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1318265/Facebook-addicts-risk-losing-friends-people-bored-constant-updates.html#ixzz11fCFDFU7
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:            My Blog                                  Twitter

Offline sclarkson

• Hugs: 24
I dislike the gushing statements of love on Facebook unless it is for a special occasion, especially when they almost make the same statement every day for about a year and then when they break up you get the "they were such a bastard to me all throughout the relationship" updates.

Offline wanderlust

• Hugs: 29
  • My favourite vegetable is a rump steak
I get irritated by the ones that are in & out of relationships quicker than they're in & out the shower. I should be so lucky. ;D
Please would you walk a little faster, or get the f*** out of my way.

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
it doesnt bother me in the slightest to be honest. i use it family and friends who have moved away,its a great way of keeping track and up with the gron up kids,  its free so therefore cheaper than using hte phone or mobile.  i always warn people i like to play some games so they should "hide" the games posts... c ouple of people took me off because i play games so thats entirely up to them..im not bothered. if people"lose" friends because of their status updates then im guessing theyre not"friends" to start with.   there is ways of "hiding" certain things on there so you dont have to see certain stuff so its always advisable to find out how and do it rather than lose friends. what a silly excuse of losing friends???  i only have have those on my facebook who i want on there...  ;D     the delete button is great for what i call social cleansing which i have done a couple of times...

I dislike the gushing statements of love on Facebook unless it is for a special occasion, especially when they almost make the same statement every day for about a year and then when they break up you get the "they were such a bastard to me all throughout the relationship" updates.
     [app]  [app]   ive seen a few of those too   hehehe 

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
I routinely delete the standard messages put up by applications and games that people use, and I select the option to block those types of messages permanently.

Some people only seem to play games and post rubbish.

I also have disabled the ability of others to post new messages to my Wall. "Friends" can post a comment to an existing message, but I don't allow new messages posted by others on my Wall ... especially since my brother posted some really quite dubious stuff and which repeated itself automatically to all my "friends" ... some of whom were not at all chuffed ...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:05:23 PM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:            My Blog                                  Twitter

Offline sclarkson

• Hugs: 24
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11486427

You probably need to read this then Russell as you will have a bit more control over things like that very soon.