Author Topic: driver and 4 yr old girl in crash drama  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
driver and 4 yr old girl in crash drama
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:31:48 am »

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/8461419.Driver_and_young_passenger_in_car_crash_drama/

A 29-year-old man and a four-year-old girl were taken to hospital after the car they were travelling in came off a Trowbridge road at a slippery bend.

Police and fire crews were called out at about 2.28pm on Tuesday to the scene of the accident on the notorious bend along Ashton Road between Stoney Gutter and Paxcroft.

The man, who is from Trowbridge, was driving a silver Ford Focus when it left the road shortly after a heavy downpour.

PC Mark Wallace, from the Road Policing Unit, said: "It was a wet road and the driver lost control. He has gone across the road and the car has spun and flipped - landing on its roof in a ditch.

"The driver was a 29-year-old man from Trowbridge and there was one rear passenger, a four-year-old girl. They were both taken to hospital for precautionary measures."

The accident was cleared by 3.15pm.

this little girl must have been scared to death when this happend...  hope they are both ok...   some of the comments on the wilts times are getting hideous lately...  lady baden powell obviously doesnt have kids or a humane bone in her/his body...  i know some deliberately go on to shock  :( i think its pathetic to be honest

Offline Dana Scully

• Hugs: 13
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Re: driver and 4 yr old girl in crash drama
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:44:58 am »
We came past there and saw the car in the ditch, I hate that sight :(

Hope they are both ok.

Offline sclarkson

• Hugs: 24
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 09:45:17 am »
That "Lady" is just someone posting for the thrill of the reaction Debs and they all seem to fall for it and reply. Not a funny joke especially when "she" passes comments on deaths of people but the WT do not seem to want to ban her.

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:04:19 am »

Hope they are both ok.
Dana - where was the incident? Is it the road from West Ashton into Trowbridge (by the BP station)? I cant think of any especially infamous corner on that road ???
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 10:05:39 am »
That "Lady" is just someone posting for the thrill of the reaction Debs and they all seem to fall for it and reply. Not a funny joke especially when "she" passes comments on deaths of people but the WT do not seem to want to ban her.

yes i know that  :(  but i couldnt resist in replying to her... who wants to purposely scare kids like that???

Offline Dana Scully

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 10:27:20 am »

Hope they are both ok.
Dana - where was the incident? Is it the road from West Ashton into Trowbridge (by the BP station)? I cant think of any especially infamous corner on that road ???
Its the Ashton road, just before the cattery there.I dont think that the bend is that bad, its a bend, but nothing horendous.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ba13&sll=55.178868,-3.691406&sspn=50.257974,113.027344&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Westbury+BA13,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.321392,-2.168989&spn=0.006557,0.013797&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.321392,-2.168989&panoid=vBPwvg_FZ23kd5Wjlpalrg&cbp=12,268.65,,0,7.24

The car was in the ditch on the left just past the bend.

Offline sclarkson

• Hugs: 24
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 10:29:14 am »
Whoever is doing the posting loves the replies, don't give her attention and he/she will go away.

When I was about 7 or 8 I was in a car that hit a telegraph pole and ended up upside down in a ditch. It was all over before I really could take in what had happened.

That is my personal experience and I was a little older. How someone can drive recklessly with a child in the car though is beyond me.

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 19:16:30 pm »
Thanks Dana. It's a bend, yes, I can see how it could happen I guess. Hope in the end all involved are well.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Derek Forbes

• Hugs: 3
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 23:46:02 pm »
Has my wife Dana posted we drive down that way on our school run to staverton and larkrise schools the bend is i think rather sharp third gear for sure slowing down i think he was going to fast around the bend that's my own opinion and like clarkson with a child in the car you think he be more careful hope is wife gives him a good lecturer and he learns from the experience as he would of be shocked by it.
Dontyouforgetaboutme

Offline Dana Scully

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 09:33:00 am »
Came past the bend this morning to see yet another car in the ditch in the same place, all covered in police tape.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 10:11:09 am »
Yeah, It happened yesterday. It's a regular occurance on that bend. maybe a bit of armco might help.
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!