Author Topic: three children die in fire, mother fighting for her life  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
three children die in fire, mother fighting for her life
« on: November 13, 2010, 07:29:57 am »
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3225775/Three-children-die-in-house-fire.html

how terribly terribly sad  :'(

THREE children have died in a house blaze that left their mother fighting for her life.
The youngsters lay in the street "like little rag dolls" during frantic efforts to revive them.

Tears ... nurse neighbour Lesley Salisbury
Ben Lack
Their mum was named yesterday as Samantha Hudson, 27. Her children were William, nine, Anthony, five, and Maddie, three.

All four were trapped upstairs in their home in Bridlington, East Yorks, after fire broke out downstairs just before midnight on Thursday.

Firefighters in breathing gear carried them outside one by one where a neighbour battled to revive them.

Nurse Lesley Salisbury, 59, said: "Everyone tells me I was going between all three children and working for about an hour trying to resuscitate them. They were laid there like rag dolls.

"I can't really remember doing it, I think I must have just gone on to autopilot, nurse mode. It's all a dreadful, dreadful blur."

Neighbour Jamie Thompson, 21, said: "The children were really polite. My heart goes out to the family."

Samantha's stunned mum, Sharon Hudson, 49, and husband Robert, 50, visited the blackened home yesterday.

Advertisement

Police said the fire was not being treated as suspicious.

maybe it would be best if the mother went from her ijuries too...  one child  of your own dying is hard enough to cope with but 3 all at once must be just soul destroying   :'(  :'(    i was close to tears when i saw this on the news yesterday...  so sad