Author Topic: An apology  (Read 8051 times)

Offline wanderlust

• Hugs: 29
  • My favourite vegetable is a rump steak
Re: An apology
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 15:18:04 PM »
Sorry, I just do not believe you.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it.  ::)

You can't mix with groups of black people & not hear them refer to each other as nigger in a jocular manner without causing any offence.

And? Blacks calling blacks it means it's Ok for you too aswell? Take a stroll through your neareset major town/city and call every black person you see that, see what happens. You may wish to take a paramedic with you.

Oh dear, you really are a racist aren't you. Frightened of black people.  Is it only black people you have a problem with, or is it other races as well?

Yes it is perfectly acceptable for me or anybody else to do so in the same CONTEXT. Ffs look the word up.

No, of course I wouldn't do that, any more than I'd call every white person a snowflake or every Pakistani  a Paki, or every Pole a polak, or every Irishman a mick, but in the right CONTEX, both they & I would be perfectly comfortable with those names.
Please would you walk a little faster, or get the f*** out of my way.

Offline wanderlust

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 15:37:56 PM »
True or false: Racism is the new black?  ;)

Sorry, I'm confused.  Do you mean that racism is as acceptable as black, or that black is as unacceptable as racism?  ::)

Al, shouldn't we have some black emoticons?  Seems a bit non PC that they should all be bloody Chinese.

Offline Kay!

• Hugs: 4
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 15:40:38 PM »
True or false: Racism is the new black?  ;)

Shooting stars! Brilliant!  :D

Offline Farmer_Geddon

• Hugs: 10
    • Hillsborough Disaster - Context & Consequences
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 15:42:52 PM »

You can't mix with groups of black people & not hear them refer to each other as nigger in a jocular manner without causing any offence.

And? Blacks calling blacks it means it's Ok for you too aswell? Take a stroll through your neareset major town/city and call every black person you see that, see what happens. You may wish to take a paramedic with you.

Oh dear, you really are a racist aren't you. Frightened of black people.  Is it only black people you have a problem with, or is it other races as well?

Yes it is perfectly acceptable for me or anybody else to do so in the same CONTEXT. Ffs look the word up.

No, of course I wouldn't do that, any more than I'd call every white person a snowflake or every Pakistani  a Paki, or every Pole a polak, or every Irishman a mick, but in the right CONTEX, both they & I would be perfectly comfortable with those names.

Yes that's right wanderlust, I'm a racist. How your warped little mind has come to that conclusion is a wonder only your lonely braincells will ever know.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Old enough to remember the days when blacks had to sit at the back of the bus? Or old enough to have been educated that the way blacks were treated was wrong?

Offline wanderlust

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 15:46:46 PM »

Yes that's right wanderlust, I'm a racist. How your warped little mind has come to that conclusion is a wonder only your lonely braincells will ever know.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Old enough to remember the days when blacks had to sit at the back of the bus? Or old enough to have been educated that the way blacks were treated was wrong?

Don't be stupid, they can't drive the bus from the back

Now calm down dear.

Offline Farmer_Geddon

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 16:04:49 PM »

Don't be stupid, they can't drive the bus from the back

Now calm down dear.

What a perfectly ironic way to summarise your entire argument.

Offline wanderlust

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 17:59:01 PM »
"Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Old enough to remember the days when blacks had to sit at the back of the bus? Or old enough to have been educated that the way blacks were treated was wrong?"

For the avoidance of doubt, at what point in time do you believe black people were treated wrongly?  Before they were allowed on the bus? When they had to sit at the back? Or last week, when they were allowed to sit wherever they liked?

Argument? I won that ages ago.

Offline Farmer_Geddon

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 18:17:43 PM »

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 18:45:28 PM »
As a matter of interest, who decides if a comment, name, expression, etc is "racist". Is it one of the members of an ethnic minority group? OR, is it a member of a white, liberal class who decide that "A" should be offended and so therefore this comment, name, expression, etc is "racist" and they are offended?

Or, it could be some self appointed "equalities" group who have a vested interested in creating "racism" where it does not actually exist.  We have black, muslim, gypsy and traveller groups, gay and lesbian groups - why do we have nobody representing the "white heterosexual group"? Is it perhaps because this last group just get on with life and don't worry that they are being marginalised and accused without real evidence of racism and every other phobic obsession?

I remember, quite recently, hearing about groups of white liberals who wanted "Christmas" banned in favour of a "Winter Festival" so as not to offend non-Christians. Many Muslims and Hindus I know here and in other parts of the country took the p*ss out of them as they, the non-Christians, carried on buying their Christmas presents, trees and decorations!

I think these "white liberals" are the real racists: they believe they are superior and therefore able to make judgements on behalf of other ethnic groups.

(As regards "Baldys joke - of course, once the "N" word had been reached they could have kept going to the "S" word (S*mb*)!!!!).

Any number of jokes posted on this and the other forums, could cause offence to anybody who wanted to take offence, either on their own behalf, or on behalf of others!!

Still, great fun reading the posts - I no longer miss Council meetings!!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 19:02:49 PM by Mike Hawkins »
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 19:46:53 PM »

Any number of jokes posted on this and the other forums, could cause offence to anybody who wanted to take offence, either on their own behalf, or on behalf of others!!

[app]          i could easily take offence to fat bird jokes and dumb blonde , four eyedand others of the same type...but i choose to take it in the spirit in which they are meant... AS A JOKE

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 19:50:05 PM »

[app]          i could easily take offence to fat bird jokes and dumb blonde , four eyedand others of the same type...but i choose to take it in the spirit in which they are meant... AS A JOKE

Thank goodness, 2 of us exist!!
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2011, 08:46:25 AM »
[

Thank goodness, 2 of us exist!!
Are you a fat dumb four eyed blonde bird as well then Mike?  ;)
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!