Author Topic: Marine Sergeant jailed for life  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
Marine Sergeant jailed for life
« on: December 06, 2013, 15:55:18 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25266206

May I respectfully suggest that those military judges spend a six month tour as infantry in this war zone (without the protection of rank that would presumably keep them a zillion miles from risk)!

War is a dirty business, but this Sergeant did no more than the terrorists would have done. D0 NOT say, we must abide by the rules of war, these bast**ds don't!! Anybody, in my opinion, who puts these terrorists above our own troops is clearly stating they support the terrorist and therefore have no respect from me!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:08:07 pm by Mike Hawkins »
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
Re: Marine Sergeant jailed for life
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 16:21:53 pm »
I would be happier to see the real war criminal, one Tony Blair, bought to book!

However, in these days when the plebs are punished, this Marine Sergeant pays the price whilst the real criminals go scot free!!
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy

Offline wanderlust

• Hugs: 29
  • My favourite vegetable is a rump steak
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 21:23:28 pm »
Well said Mike.  [app] [app] [app] [app]
Please would you walk a little faster, or get the f*** out of my way.

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 20:01:23 pm »
I would be happier to see the real war criminal, one Tony Blair, bought to book!

However, in these days when the plebs are punished, this Marine Sergeant pays the price whilst the real criminals go scot free!!
It's the political, or religious leaders who send our young to war, the government or religious leaders have them trained to fight and kill and to hate the enemy.
My father who lived through two world wars and served in the British Army would often say "the only good German is a dead one" the governments he lived under took this country to war with Germany on two occasions.
It is argued that these wars were justified, as has been argued by governments and leaders since the beginning of time, but war is wrong and cannot be justified, defending your country and your beliefs and ideals is one thing, but interfering in the disputes of people in other countries should be confined to a diplomatic approach.
I'm not a pacifist I would fight to defend my home and my country, and would fight for justice as I see it, but as a last result, and can never subscribe to the adage that, attack is the best form of defence.
I like many others felt let down and betrayed by the new labour government that took us into wars, not because I supported the people that we attacked, but because there were other ways we could and should have adopted to encourage change in these countries.
These days soldiers enlist they are not conscripted they know what they are getting into but they deserve the support and assistance of us all when things go wrong, this marine deserve better than he got, and to some extent we are all to blame for putting him and his comrades in these appalling conditions.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 20:03:30 pm by Michael »