Author Topic: advice needed  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
advice needed
« on: September 17, 2013, 19:32:02 PM »
right as you are all aware i moved house in june.  away from the mayhem and madness that was the crescent.     we have been here since june and every thing is honkey dorey except for one thing.   the noise from next doors tv /games consol.  i think their tv is on the wall dividing us and they have surround sound.   we gave it 3 months before we went round to complain about the noise. she said she didnt know and would do something about the bass.  its comes through that loud my computer desk vibrates aas does my wall unit which has a lot of glass in it. my tv used to be on 9 for volume in our old house but since being here its on 14 or above just so we can hear the programme properly.  im at a loss what to do.  my other half cant keep going round asking them to turn the bass down or the volume.  he went round over a week ago and its made no difference at all. my headaches seem to have come back with a vengence since living here :(   i tend to go to bed around 7 these days so i can at least hear the soaps in relative peace.   it goes on from the time they come in after work until the go to bed.  you cant hear a thing in the garden ao i had been spending a lot of time out there. course i cant now the weather has changed.   even my partner can heard it at time when he is in the bedroom on his computer playing his game with his HEADPHONES ON. he can still hear the bang bang bang ..  im thinking they watch a lot of sposrt or play games through their surround sound.  why on earth anyone wants surround sound in these rabbit hutches is beyond me.  its just so inconciderate of others its unbelievable .

any ideas?  any advice ?  anything could be helpful !!!!     im keeping a diary every day now....    the agent i rent mine from has said they havent had any comments from previous tennants about noise coming from next door.

Offline Debs

• facebook
Re: advice needed
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 19:34:22 PM »
i just find it strange as i have a long list of what i cant do in or around the house...  no loud noise, no slamming of doors...     no plants outsde by the doors  just to name a few but neighbours can and do what they dam well please   
i expect some noise through the walls, im not stupid. but when you furniture is vibrating then that surely means the sounds from next door is way to loud

Offline wanderlust

• Hugs: 29
  • My favourite vegetable is a rump steak
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 19:59:05 PM »
Semtex?
Please would you walk a little faster, or get the f*** out of my way.

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 20:07:25 PM »
Im upstairs in bed...  i can still hear it above the tv ... if ihad  kids i would be round there every time it was too loud. But i dont. Its just me n othre half both in our 50s.    I love music but wouldnt dream of influcting it on others.   A party you xan put up with now and again butvthis is every bloody night and in the day if they are home from work.  Their mates language loud in the garden i put up with...one peeing on my fence instead of goung back in their house i put up with byt this every night is beyond a joke....all i want is a quiet life

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 08:38:26 AM »
Make more noise than they do. Just after they have gone to bed ! See what their reaction is?
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »
There is no easy way out of this Debs, you've done all the right things by contacting them, you need to make an official complaint, on environmental grounds.
Have a look at the Wiltshire councils site, community and environment, it may help you, best of luck.

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 13:50:35 PM »
There is no easy way out of this Debs, you've done all the right things by contacting them, you need to make an official complaint, on environmental grounds.
Have a look at the Wiltshire councils site, community and environment, it may help you, best of luck.

thanks michael .... i know to expect some noise coming in through the walls...but this is ridiculous...every time they have their tv or music on i can hear it above me tv and feel the vibrations on the comp desk.. ive even moved comp desk away from the wall as well.  i love music but not bass banging in throught he walls...  i was in bed before 8 pm last night....  good grief im 50 not bloody 10 ....  if i had kids i would be going mental here by now.    we are quiet , we dont bother anyone as far as i know...   i just dont understand why other people dont have the same concideration for others .  this is my home i should be able to sit in here with my tv on and not hear or FEEL the neighbours when they have theirs on. we have lived in end terrace houses before... the only time ive hear anything was when there has been domestics going on and holes made in walls and shouting n screaming..   my living conditions since moving are much better  here in the new house but i go to bed with heaches most night and wake up with them still.  i could hear the live singing and bands at the white horse country club perfectly... didnt bother me....   the football club is very close nearby, that doesnt bother me.. people having evenings in their gardens with friends , that doesnt bother me.  the 2 yappy little dogs behind my house from the bungalows in thornbury close doesnt bother me...  just this banging bass through my walls every single time they are in their house.... i think its started to get louder too because my partner hears it now a lot too....   it was hardly heard in our bedroom at all  but last night i could hear it above me tv in the bedroom and he could hear it eeven though he had his headfones on.   its just plain inconciderate on their part.      i had already thought about the enviroment agency but wanted that to be the last straw....  thanks michael i will look on the site later on    chhers for your imput