Author Topic: Greedy Bastards  (Read 10368 times)

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
Re: Greedy Bastards
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 13:15:42 PM »
Interesting that it took a Freedom of Information request to get this knowledge. I would have thought the individuals concerned would have personally released details of their decisions to "show the electorate they were being fair"!

Questions have also, in the past, been asked of our MP as to whether he will accept the 11% pay rise. How can he answer this as the rise does not come into effect until after May 2015, and which of our MP's will still have jobs after this date (well, jobs as MP's, I mean. They will no doubt still have their outside jobs**)?

** Although, to be honest, I do not think Andrew Murrison has an outside job!
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy

Offline charlie finbow

• Hugs: 65
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 19:37:33 PM »
What happened to the "I voted for it and im taking it" Jane Scott.

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 08:04:54 AM »
http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/10985925.How_Wiltshire_councillors_voted_in_expenses_row_today/
Despite her U-turn, council leader Jane Scott doesn't have the courage of her own convictions enough to vote against this obscene increase.
Hardly the action of a strong leader, let's hope electors remember this next time round, with the list of money grabbers and penny pinchers shown above, looks like Wiltshire people are in for a few lean years.
Well done to the those in the chamber who argued against these rises, we are told this is a period of austerity and we are all in it together, but not evidently Wiltshire Councillors.   
"Wiltshire Council where everyone matters" has a somewhat hollow ring to it, perhaps they should add, "but some matter more than others".   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:50:30 AM by Michael »

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 15:22:40 PM »
http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/10985925.How_Wiltshire_councillors_voted_in_expenses_row_today/
"Wiltshire Council where everyone matters" has a somewhat hollow ring to it, perhaps they should add, "but some matter more than others".

A bit like the old Communist decree: "All men are equal but some are more equal than others!"

Honestly Michael, were you surprised by this vote?

PS: I believe that from this May, all MP's should be entitled for Job Seekers allowance in the build up to the General Election in May 2015 (in addition to their current pittance of a salary and expenses - all of which should be tax free to allow them to manage as well as ordinary people). They should all be seeking new employment after this date!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 15:25:58 PM by Mike Hawkins »
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 16:10:29 PM »
Honestly Michael, were you surprised by this vote?

No Mike not surprised by the result, I attended the meeting and listened to the presentation of the petition, and the debate that followed the moving of the motion to rescind last years decision.
Madame Chair, who no one could accuse of impartiality, set the tone for the debate when she denigrated the petition before it was presented.
Tory members of the council heckled those members of the public who put forward the petition and anyone  speaking for the motion.
Most of those speaking against the motion said how hard they worked, the figure of 55 Hours per week was oft repeated, and how they were worth more.
They had conveniently forgotten the mantra that in this period of austerity,  "we are all in this together" and felt this couldn't possibly apply to them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 16:13:37 PM by Michael »

Offline charlie finbow

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 17:10:57 PM »
I dont think anyone was surprised at all by this vote.   If I was a betting man my 50p would have been safe.   As for this we are all in this together rubbish, she forgot to say, "WE (the hoy poloy of the Council are in it together, the rest of you are not, but, your 1% will be safe), as for the public petition it was a case of how dare you challenge us because you voted for us let us get on with it.   Now run away to your little pleb like hovels and we will talk to you nearer the next election, we might even pat you on your little pleb heads promise you a better future, until then sod off and let us get on with screwing you.   That is f'ing Politics.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 17:18:17 PM by charlie finbow »

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2014, 14:06:53 PM »
I think the Cllrs are missing the point. The issue isn't whether they deserve the increase. The issue is should they get it now during a period of austerity when other council workers are losing their jobs and facing a pay freeze.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline charlie finbow

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 18:21:44 PM »
Shizzy, you are the man. well said [app] [app] [app] [beer]

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 08:10:37 AM »
Jane Scott "Wiltshire Council had to make some difficult decisions when creating proposals to slash its 2014/15 budget by £25 million, leader Jane Scott said today."  http://goo.gl/dGhSra

Exactly what I mean about the increases in salary and expenses being at the wrong time.

Shouldn't maintaining services come before large increases in salary?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.