Author Topic: 2015 election party leaders debate.  (Read 4866 times)

Offline charlie finbow

• Hugs: 65
Re: 2015 election party leaders debate.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 17:05:13 PM »
When I come to power I would ban all of the Westminster elite and ask ordinary people what they think of our green and pleasant isle. sorry to sound a thatcherite, but she did say if a housewife has 5 pounds in her handbag then thats all she can spend but has to get the best deal for that 5 pounds.  EU are you listening you robbing ba55tards.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 19:34:40 PM »
Not only a Thatcherite but a sexist as well ! ;)  :o
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline charlie finbow

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 20:17:05 PM »
Sorry Bob didnt know you had a handbag, a thousand appologies, wow, a revalation, not just women have handbags. :laugh: :laugh: [beer] [beer]

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 20:36:59 PM »
It was more the housewife bit that I was concerned about Chas. I don't have a handbag. I have a manbag ! ;D 8)
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline charlie finbow

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 21:15:51 PM »
Sorry Bob, but in most households the wife manages the finances and the shopping and other things of importance, lets face it us fellers have our brains full of cars, football and look at the t1ts on that, whoops being sexist again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: [beer].

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 09:52:09 AM »
It seems then that the white middle class, comfortably well off tory leaning contributor, with little empathy for the lesser well off, think there is little hope for democracy, as none but the three main parties have a chance of governing the UK.
Not much different I suppose than the view that a rag tag bunch of ill disciplined independents can do any good in local politics, but we need to know as electors what people and parties stand for.
This is why it is essential that our public broadcaster, both at local and national level allow a full political debate of party leaders, so that policies can be compared.
Under the Blair leadership the Labour Party became less democratic, the Tories have always been the party of big business, and the Lib Dems sold their integrity for a place at the top table.
UKIP are in much the same mode, Westminster based, and in reality tories who oppose the EU, and the unrestricted flow of people within its borders.
The opposition to the current neo liberal policies can only come from a change in the big three, or from public support for a different kind of non Westminster based politics.

Offline charlie finbow

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 18:52:34 PM »
Michael.   I will dissagree
 "Not much different I suppose than the view that a rag tag bunch of ill disciplined independents can do any good in local politics",

I have worked with some of the Independants on the Council and will say, at least they try to stand up for us locals, rather than toe the party line where they are told how to vote or abstain.

I realise that National Politics has no place for Independants but they do have a place and a voice in Local Politics and they are not a rag tag bunch of ill disciplined individuals.   Quite the opposite.

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 20:37:27 PM »
Michael.   I will dissagree
 "Not much different I suppose than the view that a rag tag bunch of ill disciplined independents can do any good in local politics",

I have worked with some of the Independants on the Council and will say, at least they try to stand up for us locals, rather than toe the party line where they are told how to vote or abstain.

I realise that National Politics has no place for Independants but they do have a place and a voice in Local Politics and they are not a rag tag bunch of ill disciplined individuals.   Quite the opposite.
Hmm, Westbury Town Council a good example, must be a parallel world somewhere, and certainly they offer no credible opposition to the bunch that run Wiltshire Council.

Offline charlie finbow

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 16:21:07 PM »
You are right Michael there is no creditable opposition at County Hall thats why we are doomed but that dosnt mean the Independants are not trying, I guess its a bit like p155ing in the wind.