Author Topic: British reporting standards  (Read 1419 times)

Offline DORIAN

• Hugs: 6
  • in a hundred yeras time it will not matter
British reporting standards
« on: December 23, 2014, 17:20:50 PM »
I am an avid radio 2 listener apart from 2pm -5pm when I tune into anything bar Steve Wright, so yesterday I tunes into Radio 5 live, a real favourite of mine. After the initial tragedy of the Glasgow crash I could not believe how those who were interviewed by five life were quizzed about what they saw.
I know there is always a bit of macabre in us all, but for two hourts we heard. "What did you actually see, Do you think there were wounded, Could you see any casualties, did you see children. ". Why do we have to have this type of reporting at such hard times
No problems just Solutions

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
Re: British reporting standards
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 19:07:57 PM »
Because many reporters are totally insensitive .

Already some of them are not waiting for the results of what will be a thorough and scientific police investigation into the cause, but are already apportioning blame. Total amateurs who would not be able to explain why a balloon burst because some idiot kept blowing it! A very sad day for the people of Glasgow, and especially the families of those involved.

I notice that one "twitter" troll has already been arrested following a "joke" he made about the tragedy, and rightly so. Hopefully he will spend a long time in custody to reflect upon his abysmal behaviour.
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy