Author Topic: Elections 2015  (Read 14919 times)

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
Re: Elections 2015
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 15:41:40 PM »

I saw this link on Facebook. You identify issues that are important to you, and then are given a choice from what each political party (without the party being identified at this stage) is saying, and when you have finished it identifies which party (1st and 2nd choice) you should vote for in your area.  It was interesting as it identified my choices as UKIP and Labour!!

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvoteforpolicies.org.uk%2F&h=IAQEZwkdd

On another point, when Parliament is dissolved as it now has been, MP's are no longer holding this office, although Ministers continue as they are appointed by the Queen and Government must continue (does this also apply to Shadow Ministers?). What about the rest of the MPs'? Are they on "garden leave" and therefore still paid until 7th May? Or, are they now all signing on for "Jobseekers Allowance" and other benefits? Just a question and I wonder if any of you know the answers!!
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 16:12:46 PM »
Ha. I got to step 4 and rejected all the policies of all parties. It wouldn't let me go any further unless I accepted one :(

Pretty obvious which policies are UKIP though......all words of one or two cyllables. ;D and short sentences. :o
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline jimkerr

• Hugs: 3
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 16:40:16 PM »
There you go I am Labour 90% with a 10% Liberal all issues was important to me  :laugh: https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/survey/results/ad4Z9vVT0AXxTGueu#/personal-results

Offline charlie finbow

• Hugs: 65
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 17:51:03 PM »
I know Im a bit cabbage looking but according to the survey Im Green with Yellow tendencies.   Wow perhaps Im from Mars.   Must go and look for my spaceship.  [beer] [beer]

Offline Mike Hawkins

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 18:28:29 PM »
Ha. I got to step 4 and rejected all the policies of all parties. It wouldn't let me go any further unless I accepted one :(

Pretty obvious which policies are UKIP though......all words of one or two cyllables. ;D and short sentences. :o

Does this mean that you are a still a "Don't know"?

Offline Mike Hawkins

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 19:18:03 PM »

Are you sure these weren't Lib Dems? Promise nothing clearly and then you cannot be held to account?

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 09:26:36 AM »

Does this mean that you are a still a "Don't know"?

More of a 'don't care'

If you could pull a line from one to another and get rid of a few lines from one policy......... in other words make up your own policies.  Hang on, maybe I should create the Rainbow Party (multi-coloured) Or is that being racist? colourist?........ Oh I don't know. Maybe I am a 'Don't know'

confused.com

Offline charlie finbow

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 18:04:06 PM »
Well now, slippery Dave Cameon wants to encourage right to buy, welcome back Maggie, guess what his mates, the money men will get even richer whilst telling us they are doing us a favour.   Course they are because when we own homes and cannot look after ourselves they will steal our legacy for our children to look after us.   Robbers they are.   Girl from SNP makes a lot of sense perhaps im a Jock.

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2015, 03:10:06 AM »
Michael Portillo put his finger on this during the This Week show after Newsnight on Thursday evening (still available to see online via the BBC website /iPlayer app).

He was a great Maggie fan but he very clearly said that this move by Cameron was to "create Tory voters".

I see several conflicting issues in terms of the effects on the housing market ... though really its small beer compared to the real two issues facing the homes market / crisis.

What we really need is a massive increase in building of all forms of homes - starter homes, affordable / social / housing association / council homes, middle market homes, secure / sheltered homes for the elderly (so they are encouraged to move when their home becomes too big for them to manage) etc etc..

Also, massively cut immigration, which will only come from leaving the EU.

This will address the housing crisis far more.

The new Tory policy seems to me to be aimed at reducing the number of Labour voters in large cities, because the higher value council homes (where councils still own council homes) that will be sold to raise cash to fund the new extended Right to Buy scheme will be in the larger cities. The new tenants arriving in the smaller redeveloped homes later will have the right to buy and will almost certainly be more likely to be thinking of voting Tory to keep their option to purchase alive.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:58:18 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2015, 09:44:51 AM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 09:48:37 AM by Michael »

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2015, 10:02:27 AM »
Michael Portillo put his finger on this during the This Week show after Newsnight on Thursday evening (still available to see online via the BBC website /iPlayer app).

He was a great Maggie fan but he very clearly said that this move by Cameron was to "create Tory voters".

I see several conflicting issues in terms of the effects on the housing market ... though really its small beer compared to the real two issues facing the homes market / crisis.

What we really need is a massive increase in building all forms of homes - starter homes, affordable / social / housing association / council homes, middle market homes, secure / sheltered homes for the elderly (so they are encouraged to move when their home becomes too big for them to manage) etc etc..

The new Tory policy seems to me to be aimed at reducing the number of Labour voters in large cities, because the higher value council homes (where councils still own council homes) that will be sold for redevelopment will be in the larger cities and the new tenants arriving in the smaller redeveloped homes later will have the right to buy and will almost certainly be more likely to be thinking of voting Tory to keep their option to purchase alive.

Am I being over simplistic, surely a massive building project as you describe would also increase jobs, and help the economy grow?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:47:06 AM by Shizzy »
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline charlie finbow

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2015, 12:18:01 PM »
Massive house building, whilst creating jobs for the construction industry (mostly johney foreigners) is a good thing they forget the infrastructure that goes with housebuilding, ie, schools. roads, local shops and jobs once the building project has finished.   Still who are the winners.   The local Council in revenue via taxes and they havnt spent a penny and the developers.   To keep the voters on side they turn down developers knowing full well it will be passed at appeal.   Councils can then say well dont blame us but thanks for the ongoing taxes we will pocket whilst giving reduced services.  Also can anyone answer the question why have we got a railway that bypasses the town and not a road that does the same  Its great being cynical although some say I should be clinical.  [beer] [beer] [beer]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:57:58 PM by charlie finbow »

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2015, 20:28:08 PM »

What we really need is a massive increase in building all forms of homes - starter homes, affordable / social / housing association / council homes, middle market homes, secure / sheltered homes for the elderly (so they are encouraged to move when their home becomes too big for them to manage) etc etc..

Not necessary. There is no housing crisis!

Offline baldy

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 07:52:20 AM »

Not necessary. There is no housing crisis!

If you really think this, you have not been paying attention to issues with the housing market, especially in terms of how it affects people looking for homes, for the last decade.

It is an issue that is discussed at all levels of national and local government, especially in terms of the adverse effects on society that a lack of homes is causing .... and ways to increase new housing development to cope with increased demand, rocketing prices and people stuck living with their parents ....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:00:11 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).

Offline baldy

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2015, 07:55:15 AM »

Am I being over simplistic, surely a massive building project as you describe would also increase jobs, and help the economy grow?

I'm sure every sane person would agree that increased building of homes would have terrific consequences for increased growth in the economy, not least because of all the different trades and industries that supply the whole process of creating and then maintaining and occupying new and more homes.