Author Topic: Government to spend £285m on Trident  (Read 11866 times)

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
Government to spend £285m on Trident
« on: March 13, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
In spite of cuts to Police, and armed forces, the Con/Dem government propose to spend money on the nuclear attack system, to attack who?

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
Re: Government to spend £285m on Trident
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »
Putin
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Michael

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:02:16 AM »
Putin
And poison the rest of the European continent with radio active fall out, makes about as much sense as any of their other policies.
Still I suppose it's one way to get us out of the EU.

Offline Al

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:49:25 AM »
Chernobyl didn't kill us, so...

Offline Michael

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 12:48:39 PM »
Chernobyl didn't kill us, so...
Twenty Eight years after the disaster families are still being effected by fallout, such is the danger that Europe has spent 1.3 billion euros to contain the radiation leaks from the site.
No one really knows how much it has effected the UK, or at least we have not been told what effect it has had on our population, but it was reported at the time of the disaster that the fallout had reached the UK.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CGMQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.bbc.co.uk%2F2%2Fhi%2Fhealth%2F1615299.stm&ei=J90CVfHDGcvfaKujgvgL&usg=AFQjCNG0c0yZHHrL-Qug1kGXdfs2Fm1N3w&bvm=bv.88198703,d.d2s
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:53:22 PM by Michael »

Online baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 19:26:50 PM »
The question is based on a false premise.

Trident is a nuclear missile defence system in the sense that it would only be used in defence when we are attacked first. It works this way as the ultimate deterrent against an attack on us.

So, stop saying false things, Michael.
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Michael

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 20:02:44 PM »

Trident is a nuclear missile defence system in the sense that it would only be used in defence when we are attacked first. It works this way as the ultimate deterrent against an attack on us.

A simple fact that even you should understand, Trident is useless against our main threat, terrorism, nuclear warheads are an attack weapon they will not stop us being attacked.
Trident, is not an anti missile system, and who is to say that a future UK government will not use it with the same excuse you use, the defence of our country.
But to enemies who believe that to die for a cause is a direct route to heaven, martyrdom, it is completely useless, please think about what you are saying, look at the facts before you make these ridiculous statements.

In short stop talking rubbish.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 20:50:52 PM by Michael »

Offline charlie finbow

• Hugs: 65
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 18:58:59 PM »
Actually I agree with Michael.   The next big conflict is not going to be a classic guns and bullets war neither is it going to be Nuclear.   It is Terrisom which is the biggest threat and has been since the mid 70s.   Trident is outdated and a total waste of money in todays threat.   Of course only my oppionion.

Online baldy

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 00:17:58 AM »

A simple fact that even you should understand, Trident is useless against our main threat, terrorism, nuclear warheads are an attack weapon they will not stop us being attacked.
Trident, is not an anti missile system, and who is to say that a future UK government will not use it with the same excuse you use, the defence of our country.
But to enemies who believe that to die for a cause is a direct route to heaven, martyrdom, it is completely useless, please think about what you are saying, look at the facts before you make these ridiculous statements.

In short stop talking rubbish.

I did not say that it was an anti missile system.

Trident uses missiles with nuclear war heads. It would only be fired if we are attacked first.

In this way it is the ultimate deterrent against us being attacked.

You are talking complete rubbish but seem to be too stupid to realise it.
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).

Offline Michael

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 09:36:33 AM »
Bad tempered, ignorant, and rude, par for the course then from our illustrious councillor, but as usual wrong as well, this forum is full of his ill advised and incorrect analysis.
Bull and bluster may convince some of his supporters in Westbury, but when will he learn that to win an argument, you have to lay out some form of factual evidence contrary to your opponents view.
It's not good enough to bully your way through a debate, you must try harder to express your views in a less right wing reactionary manner, comments need to be at the very least sensible. ;)

Online baldy

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 11:17:37 AM »
Gosh Michael

You are still talking complete rubbish compounded with false and unfounded claims.

Any sane person can see that what I've said is simply true whereas your claims are based on pure nonsense.

The fact that some terrorists have no fear of being killed does not change the fact that other enemies do.

Offline Al

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 12:01:13 PM »
Its like being in a creche.

Offline charlie finbow

• Hugs: 65
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 12:10:56 PM »
What some people are forgetting is this.   You may have the biggest warhead but once deployed the fall out is at the mercy of the ellements yes you may obliterate a country but whats the use in that.  Their was an argument in the 70s that chemical weapons were more effective.   An air burst weapon send everyone to sleep for 48hrs, they wake up occupied and the infracture and work force (well most of them) would be intact.   Neculer warfare is for the past and hollywood.   If you had unilateral dissarment then people would say "Oh great" but Terrorism will not go away.

Offline Al

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 12:20:20 PM »
If you had unilateral dissarment then people would say "Oh great"
Indeed, now if only everyone in the world would do it!

Trident also provides jobs for thousands of people, lets not forget. If th project as canned, something would need to be done to stop entire communities becoming like the Welsh valleys.

Offline Michael

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 12:22:52 PM »
Gosh Michael

You are still talking complete rubbish compounded with false and unfounded claims.

Any sane person can see that what I've said is simply true whereas your claims are based on pure nonsense.

The fact that some terrorists have no fear of being killed does not change the fact that other enemies do.
Keep digging Russell. ;D