The General Boards > In the News

Leighton House

<< < (2/3) > >>

Silverthreads:
As well as a Wedding Venue it could also house  some much needed SHOPS!  Not Estate Agents or Charity Shops!!!!  It could be called 'Phipps Precinct'. Whatever happens to it the House and walls should be kept!   Please not more houses. Westbury will end up being one big housing estate and nothing but cars parked all over the place. Talking of which Oldfield Road is horrendous! Cars parked both sides of the road and some halfway on the pavement, making it impossible for pedestrians, pushchairs, wheelchairs and scooter users to pass by. An accident waiting to happen I fear. Cars accelerate  trying there best to drive through the middle of the humps, they certainly don't bring the traffic down to 20mph! 

Al:

--- Quote from: Silverthreads on March 26, 2016, 20:36:16 pm ---Talking of which Oldfield Road is horrendous! Cars parked both sides of the road and some halfway on the pavement, making it impossible for pedestrians, pushchairs, wheelchairs and scooter users to pass by. An accident waiting to happen I fear.

--- End quote ---
Same on Eden Vale, where there was a crash yesterday, and Leigh Road, where there was a crash on Friday. Too many parked cars for the volume of traffic using the roads given the patience of most drivers. Needs more tolerant driving standards and less cars.

Debs:
Surely with more proposed housing on the rcb site and the new ones on the mead  shouldn't we be getting better amenities  here too ??  The high street is full of estate agents and charity shops and 2 empty units ....    The surgery i woukd say is struggling ...   I waited 6weeks to see my own doctor  a few weeks ago ...  And from what ive read on fb spotted westbury page a lot of others have hd the same problems.   If you want people to shop local and have the buzz words USE US OR LOSE US. You have to provide the right shops ...  There is nowhere in town to buy clothes or shoes from..  So you can't  blame people for doing the rest of their shopping out of town at the same time .   I just don't see the point of squeezing in more houses if there isn't the services needed to keep everyone safe and happy .

And talking of Oldfield Rd  ...I was in a queue of traffic waiting to go through the traffic calming as it was our right of way but we didn't seem to be moving well because of parked cars and one impatient driver in a dark car coming from then opposite way decided he couldn't wait any longer and mounted the pavement and drove through the traffic calming the wrong side ... which is for bike cycle path ....   Saw this twice in recent weeks

johnnyTheFox:
Westbury's Army training base to be sold for housing http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/14395503.Westbury_s_Army_training_base_to_be_sold_for_housing/

Debs:
Shame its to be sold for housing .....  Was a beautiful building in its heyday   :(  as well people losing their jobs ...I see the mod in bath is also going the same way ...  All been knocked down already and ready for building .. There was a report on the TV news last night funnily enough that I watched .  some aren't going to move despite them trying to be bought out .. One chap is digging his heels in and staying put so he says ..   He said they can build around him ..he isn't budging ...wonder how desperate they want his land and how much they will be forced to go to

Like I said ...shame to be houses that we don't need ..we haven't got the amenities to cope with what we have already  ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version