Author Topic: SHANNON : mother accused of kidnap  (Read 12248 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
SHANNON : mother accused of kidnap
« on: September 05, 2008, 13:17:27 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/7599400.stm

this is a dispicable crime.... how on earth can a mother do that to her own child? i will never get my head around t his story at all.... i have followed it from the start and alawys thought she and her partner had something to do with it..

Shannon mother accused of kidnap 

Karen Matthews will go on trial on 11 November
The mother of Shannon Matthews, the girl who went missing for several weeks earlier this year, has been charged with her kidnap and false imprisonment.

The new charges were revealed as Karen Matthews appeared at Leeds Crown Court.

The 32-year-old, of Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, denies those charges and an earlier charge of perverting the course of justice.

Michael Donovan, 40, also from Dewsbury, pleaded not guilty to charges of kidnap and false imprisonment.

The uncle of Mrs Matthews' former partner, Craig Meehan, also now faces a charge of perverting the course of justice, which he denies.

Mrs Matthews did not enter a plea on child neglect charges.

Remanded in custody

Nine-year-old Shannon was found on 19 February, 24 days after she went missing following a school swimming trip.

The schoolgirl was found in Batley Carr, less than a mile from her Dewsbury Moor home.

Reading out the details of the kidnap charge to Mrs Matthews and Mr Donovan, the court clerk said: "On the 19th day of February, 2008, you unlawfully and by force or fraud took or carried away Shannon Matthews against her will."

The false imprisonment charge was read to them as: "Between the 18th day of February 2008 and the 15th day of March 2008 you unlawfully and injuriously imprisoned and detained Shannon Matthews against her will."

The charge of perverting the course of justice said the accused "did a series of acts which had a tendency to pervert the course of public justice and that you reported to the West Yorkshire Police that Shannon Matthews was a missing person when you knew where she was and you were keeping her from being found".

Both were remanded in custody until their trial on 11 November.

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
Re: SHANNON : mother accused of kidnap
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 13:20:04 PM »
I still would love to know the logic in the mothers mind that made her think this was ever a good, workable, idea.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 13:23:49 PM »
same here.......... i just cant understand how they thought they would actually get away with it all... the first place the police look is to the family and extended family and friends......
 if you want or need money...the idea is to work for it NOT hide one  of your kids away for nearly a month and tell people she ahs been kidknapped... what a wate of police resourses....... if  i had my way they would all be charged with wasting poilce time too and made to pay for that as well in one way or another

they make they sick.........   what a load of retards in the first place to even think  that this badly concieved idea would work

Jayday

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 13:43:50 PM »
same here.......... i just cant understand how they thought they would actually get away with it all.

Because they're a bunch of f'wits. Just seeing them on TV you got the impression the gene pool was pretty shallow.

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 13:49:37 PM »
Just seeing them on TV you got the impression the gene pool was pretty shallow.
yes i know what you mean... i just cant understand how they could do it...... low mentality or not
i would and have done everything i could to protect my kids...NOT put them in danger and tried to make money out of them

Jayday

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 14:28:37 PM »
The sad thing is there are thousands of families in the UK like this, and they all seem to produce loads of young f'wits

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 14:32:46 PM »
there are certainly lots of people who should never automatically be able to breed

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 15:23:17 PM »
maybe they should start with contraception ::)

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 15:27:59 PM »
maybe they should start with contraception ::)
[app]   good start......

i do get fed up with some people who have baby after baby after baby with all different men and expect the government to look after them all.... shannon's family are no exception... all those kids she certainly shouldnt be hard up.... more money than she knows what to do with........... i suppose thats the trouble...you get enough and there is some who will always more for nothing....

Offline pat

• Hugs: 50
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 15:30:21 PM »
how about castration ???

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 21:14:34 PM »
how about castration ???

you go ahead and do what you want Pat. Doesn't appeal to me though. ;)
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 15:08:54 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7603648.stm

The former partner of Shannon Matthews' mother has told a court indecent images of children found on his computer had nothing to do with him.

Craig Meehan, 22, is accused of having 134 indecent images on a computer at the home he shared with Karen Matthews in Dewsbury Moor, West Yorkshire.

Police found the images during their search for missing Shannon Matthews.

Prosecutor David Holderness told Dewsbury magistrates Mr Meehan had pointed the finger at other people.

He said Mr Meehan claimed other people had used his password-protected computer
rest of story on link

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 17:09:11 PM »

...  i do get fed up with some people who have baby after baby after baby with all different men and expect the government to look after them all  ....

Ahem ....

... is there an issue with single mothers who are on benefits and who have children by different fathers that I have missed?
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 17:31:39 PM »
NO !!!!  and dont try to insinuate that that is what i meant..... i have been a single mother on benefits and would never dream  of saying that.......... i was referring to shannons family as well you know... how many kids did she have? mostly by different  men...only 2 had the same dad and neither her nor the person she was married to worked or looked like they had the inclination to work...

not all of us like being contraversial russell

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 17:55:44 PM »
Ok ... but it is what you said.  I have not "insinuated" anything. I've quoted you word for word and asked if there is an issue I have missed.

I do agree with you on Shannon's family.
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy