Author Topic: Illegal to use booster seats for Children under 12 from december  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/booster-seat-ban-everything-you-7840279

Have you got children or grandchildren under the age of 12????    If so this affects you ..read the link

First time I've heard of this . I saw it on a Facebook post 
It's now illegal to have under 12s on a backless booster seat in your car  .... Or rather it will be in December ...  Gonna be expensive month for some ...right on top of Xmas too

[attachment deleted by admin after 365 days]

Offline wanderlust

• Hugs: 29
  • My favourite vegetable is a rump steak
Re: Illegal to use booster seats for Children under 12 from december
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 16:52:02 PM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/booster-seat-ban-everything-you-7840279

Have you got children or grandchildren under the age of 12????    If so this affects you ..read the link

First time I've heard of this . I saw it on a Facebook post 
It's now illegal to have under 12s on a backless booster seat in your car  .... Or rather it will be in December ...  Gonna be expensive month for some ...right on top of Xmas too

Just to make the usual complete nonsense of the whole thing, the last paragraph of the article reads as follows.

Do I need to buy a new seat?

The new additions to the child car seats regulations should come into effect in December 2016, but will only apply to any new products appearing on the market.

So parents looking to buy a booster seat next year should start to see that they're not approved for use with children under 125cm and 22kg.

Parents who have a booster seat now will still be able to use the seat without breaking any rules.
Please would you walk a little faster, or get the f*** out of my way.