Author Topic: Labour Leadership  (Read 20606 times)

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
Re: Labour Leadership
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 13:36:41 PM »
Having just won an election I can tell you that on the doorstep people are fed up with the old politics, and impressed by Jeremy Corbyns honesty and integrity.
In the Labour Party having gained the support of the vast majority of CLPs and Trade Unions there is little doubt that he will retain the leadership.
The great thing about Labour under Corbyn is that it is returning to it's roots as a party of working people, it's listening to the members, 550,000 plus of them.
If anyone is unsure about that, listen to what JC and John McDonnell are saying, don't take the rubbish that is reported in the main stream media, look at the support he gets on social media.

Virgin Rail's CCTV shows that Corbyn is an opportunistic liar and fraud. He clearly claimed that there were no seats available on the train and yet he actually walked past many empty and unreserved seats. Even the woman saying Jeremy was right is a liar. I can tell just by looking at her that she is a lying Corbyn supporter willing to say anything to help Corbyn.

That is complete nonsense and a non story, the empty seats were near the buffet car and in fact had suitcases and bags on them, there were reserved seats but they were just that, reserved.
Many people on the train have supported JCs view, in fact sat on the floor with him was a mother with a young child she was pretty annoyed, as she said, having paid nearly £100 for her ticket she couldn't be found a seat. Staff on the train offered to move Corbyn and his party to first class but this was refused.
They eventually upgraded a family to first class, as a result after 42 minutes gave JC and his party their seats, well done Virgin employees for sorting out the problem. I have some experience of rail travel and many times on my journey home from Romsey to the Warminster have had to stand or sit on the floor.
Privatise rail is a disaster, and still subsidised by the tax payer, and Virgin is no better than the rest, its major share holder an overseas domicile. If you are going to comment on issues raised at least have the gumption to check out your story, and not just accept the rubbish that is pumped out by the media. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 20:09:03 PM by Michael »

Offline DORIAN

• Hugs: 6
  • in a hundred yeras time it will not matter
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 14:02:52 PM »
i think in this situation regarding gumption also refers to you too.
How do you not know that i too may have information that you may not be privy to ?
I am as able as any fellow man to voice an opinion without being rude >:(
No problems just Solutions

Offline Michael

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 14:05:12 PM »
i am afraid the "Old labour Values" you suggest were so valuable will not fit the demographic of today's society. Labour are unelectable and this poses a threat to the UK as there is no viable opposition
In saying that I see May as an honest, strong lady with a sound cabinet behind her. I would rather go over the top with her than the charade of a lame duck leader such as Corbyn 
By elections, mayoral elections, and council elections, prove you wrong on your first statement, Labour is on the way to government.
Theresa May is no better than her dreadful predecessor, cuts, austerity, and less services for your money. Wiltshire Council is a classic example of what a Tory council with a Tory government deliver.
It really is time for a change, back to the services we pay for and have a right to expect, and not more cuts.

Offline Michael

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 14:07:34 PM »
i think in this situation regarding gumption also refers to you too.
How do you not know that i too may have information that you may not be privy to ?
I am as able as any fellow man to voice an opinion without being rude >:(
My comment on gumption was not aimed at you it was in reply to Baldy's post.

Offline DORIAN

• Hugs: 6
  • in a hundred yeras time it will not matter
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 14:29:09 PM »
Michael, may i ask of your forgiveness, and hope for good debate in the future  [beer]
No problems just Solutions

Offline Michael

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 15:41:44 PM »
Michael, may i ask of your forgiveness, and hope for good debate in the future  [beer]
Most certainly sir, to your good health. [beer]

Offline Michael

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 15:56:32 PM »
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 16:02:23 PM by Michael »

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 10:08:39 AM »
That is complete nonsense and a non story, the empty seats were near the buffet car and in fact had suitcases and bags on them, there were reserved seats but they were just that, reserved.

That was his first account, when that was shown to be bollocks it changed to... he couldn't find two seats together.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline Michael

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 11:46:01 AM »

That was his first account, when that was shown to be bollocks it changed to... he couldn't find two seats together.
And all of the other people who couldn't find seats, were they also looking for seats together? The only reason that the train was over crowded was that there weren't enough seats to cover the needs of travellers.
Richard Branson himself has said that with tax payer subsidies the running of trains, particularly on the east coast mainline, is a licence to print money.
It's time to end this rip off and renationalise the whole rail network, this would save taxpayers money, and give passengers a better and cheaper service.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 12:23:48 PM »

It's time to end this rip off and renationalise the whole rail network, this would save taxpayers money, and give passengers a better and cheaper service.

I actually agree. The same should apply to all public services. However I also think Corbyn was trying to pull a stunt to prove a point. I don't know what it is about him but he always gives me the impression of someone you couldn't fully trust. I think it's his eyes. If you look at him in videos or pictures his eyes are mostly looking sideways, not directly forward.
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2016, 13:24:35 PM »
Bob, agree in both respects. A clumsy attempt to highlight a real issue.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline Michael

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2016, 15:30:57 PM »

I actually agree. The same should apply to all public services. However I also think Corbyn was trying to pull a stunt to prove a point. I don't know what it is about him but he always gives me the impression of someone you couldn't fully trust. I think it's his eyes. If you look at him in videos or pictures his eyes are mostly looking sideways, not directly forward.
Bob, agree in both respects. A clumsy attempt to highlight a real issue.
On the contrary it was a good illustration of what it is like to travel on todays privatised railways, the fact that Virgin through Richard Branson tried to excuse themselves from this fact shows that JC hit a raw nerve.
The selective showing of edited CCTV footage is questionable to say the least and probably in breach of the data protection act, this has not convince the majority of Jeremy Corbyn,s supporters, or indeed electors as a whole.
The main stream media will continue to twist the facts to fit their own agenda which is anti Corbyn, in fact ABC, anyone but Corbyn, look beyond the spin and you will see just that.

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2016, 16:29:51 PM »
The selective showing of edited CCTV footage is questionable to say the least and probably in breach of the data protection act
Nah, its a public place and signage is appropriate. Thus no breach of the DPA.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline Michael

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 16:59:19 PM »
Quote from Bob
I don't know what it is about him but he always gives me the impression of someone you couldn't fully trust. I think it's his eyes. If you look at him in videos or pictures his eyes are mostly looking sideways, not directly forward.

Picture editors and TV news editors are known to choose shots that are not particularly flattering to the subject they want to portray when they oppose the views expressed by that person.
The photo below however, one rarely seen on main stream media, gives a different impression as the subject is looking directly into the camera lens.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14089029_10154418429667790_6240103960445874452_n.jpg?oh=9bf2925000b4097fc8f325829c55b251&oe=584F7D33

Offline Michael

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 17:05:20 PM »
The selective showing of edited CCTV footage is questionable to say the least and probably in breach of the data protection act
Nah, its a public place and signage is appropriate. Thus no breach of the DPA.
None the less there is little doubt that it has been edited for TV and other media coverage, and presumably is captured primarily for security and safety reasons not normally for public viewing.