Author Topic: Labour Leadership  (Read 31245 times)

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
Re: Labour Leadership
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 19:59:51 pm »

The photo below however, one rarely seen on main stream media, gives a different impression as the subject is looking directly into the camera lens.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14089029_10154418429667790_6240103960445874452_n.jpg?oh=9bf2925000b4097fc8f325829c55b251&oe=584F7D33

Still looks shifty to me. maybe because he is?

Take your rose tinted glasses off Michael and look again.
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 20:25:18 pm »
Nothing rose tinted about my specs, as a life long trade unionist, for twenty five years a shop stewards convenor, and a labour supporter all my life, I've seen the party grow further from its natural support.
Corbyn offers the kind of policies that I want, and has brought many like minded individuals back to the party, together with people who previously were not politically involved.
But it's not about the person it's about his policies, and his belief in listening to people, the Labour Party is changing, moving back to traditional values, and adopting policies to give us a fairer and more just society.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2016, 08:57:12 am »
Just looked at that image again
 https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14089029_10154418429667790_6240103960445874452_n.jpg?oh=9bf2925000b4097fc8f325829c55b251&oe=584F7D33

and noticed the words privatisation and nationalise are spelled  in American English. I hate lazy people that allow that to happen. I am surprised that he isn't the leader of the labor party.  :)

This forum's spell checker is just as bad. It has underlined in red my correct spelling of those words and left my incorrect spelling of labour alone.

Offline Michael

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2016, 09:29:34 am »
Just looked at that image again

and noticed the words privatisation and nationalise are spelled  in American English. I hate lazy people that allow that to happen. I am surprised that he isn't the leader of the labor party.  :)

This forum's spell checker is just as bad. It has underlined in red my correct spelling of those words and left my incorrect spelling of labour alone.
My Compact Oxford English Dictionary.
nationalize (or nationalise) verb transfer an industry or business from private to state ownership or control. DERIVATIVES nationalization noun.
privatize (or privatise) verb transfer a business or industry from public to private ownership. -DERIVATIVES privatization noun.

Offline Michael

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 15:46:29 pm »
So, Corbyn can lie about his trip on Virgin trains, but Virgin are not permitted to produce the evidence of his lies? Sounds like Britain under Labour rule!  I also see that Labour are calling for Richard Branson to be stripped of his knighthood, on the pretence that he is a tax exile, but the real reason is that he proved to those who were not already convinced, that Corbyn is a liar.  I would not trust Corbyn or his leadership contender to run a "bring and buy" stall, let alone to govern this Country. C'mon Labour, if you ever want to govern again get a grip!
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy

Offline Michael

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 17:22:40 pm »
But of course it was not a lie as many who were on the same train have said, the CCTV footage was edited to appear differently, that is to be expected of Virgin and Richard Branson. They will do all they can to discredit a Labour Party, under Jeremy Corbyn, who have stated the intention to renationalize the rail companies.
A nice trick, but one that has failed to convince any of the thousands of Labour supporters, and future Labour voters who are looking for a government that brings a fairer society.

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2016, 20:15:50 pm »
But of course it was not a lie as many who were on the same train have said, the CCTV footage was edited to appear differently,

Really, they photoshopped empty seats, and of course JC's edited footage is OK. Take of those rose tinted specs Michael.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2016, 20:17:01 pm »
Sounds like Britain under Labour rule!

Very much like communist Russia, where opponents just disappear.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline Michael

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2016, 21:30:10 pm »
But of course it was not a lie as many who were on the same train have said, the CCTV footage was edited to appear differently,

Really, they photoshopped empty seats, and of course JC's edited footage is OK. Take of those rose tinted specs Michael.
I say again there were no empty seats, or why were there many others standing or seated on the floor? The seats that were shown as empty were in fact either reserved, or had luggage on them, which, from the angle of the CCTV pictures could not be seen.
Virgin broke its own rules by sending their CCTV pictures to the media, and as I have said before probably broke the rules relating to the data protection act.
Face the facts the train was packed, as many trains operated by Virgin are packed, and over crowded, but of course Virgin aren't the only train company operating a poor service, privatising the railways has failed, either to give travellers an efficient service, or to save the taxpayer money.

Offline Michael

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2016, 21:33:18 pm »
Sounds like Britain under Labour rule!

Very much like communist Russia, where opponents just disappear.
Well really that is nonsense, or is it scaremongering Tory propaganda? :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 21:36:38 pm by Michael »

Offline localmonkey

• Hugs: 3
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2016, 11:08:16 am »
the privatised railway operating today is head and shoulders better than the nationalised service that existed believe me. id never want to go back to nationalisation and am sick of the railway being used as a political pawn.

the public performance measure is consistently 95% plus for most train operators and of my 20+ rail journeys per week i maybe have 1 where i cant sit.

Offline Michael

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2016, 13:15:11 pm »
the privatised railway operating today is head and shoulders better than the nationalised service that existed believe me. id never want to go back to nationalisation and am sick of the railway being used as a political pawn.

the public performance measure is consistently 95% plus for most train operators and of my 20+ rail journeys per week i maybe have 1 where i cant sit.
Lucky you, but I think that nationally you are in a minority, a substantial majority of travellers, and voters think otherwise.
My own experience is different to yours, I travelled on BR often in the past, and on the privatised system regularly, not that long ago. Under the privatised system, I've suffered cancelled services, late running crowded trains, and exorbitant fares.
If you add to that, the cost to the tax payer through the subsidies paid to rail companies to enable them to run at a profit, it does seem to be a no brainer, bring on renationalisation.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2016, 13:18:21 pm »

That maybe so but it doesn't have to go back to being how it was.

Offline charlie finbow

• Hugs: 65
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2016, 15:37:19 pm »
Whilst everyone is banging on about the Railways (which have always been useless in my opinion and Im old enough to remember Steam and the first Diesel Locos).   Why are passengers allowed to stand and why are there no seat belts.   There are on planes, cars, mini buses, taxis and coaches which are like British Snail, travel operators.