Author Topic: Does this mean they're actually going to do less than 2 years inside???  (Read 1597 times)

Offline wanderlust

• Hugs: 29
  • My favourite vegetable is a rump steak
Please would you walk a little faster, or get the f*** out of my way.

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Re: Does this mean they're actually going to do less than 2 years inside???
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 09:25:25 AM »
This article is about the revocation of the licence, nothing to do with the sentence for the deaths. They are due to be sentenced on 27th Jan according to the article
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline wanderlust

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 10:49:45 AM »
I know that shizzy, but unless they do less than 2 years inside, the 2 year ban is irrelevant. A lifetime ban would make much more sense and be more appropriate.

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 11:34:55 AM »
The ban is to do with the business trading, makes no difference if they are inside or not. The business can not trade
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »
As Shizzy says the sentence will be given at the end of the month, hopefully it will reflect the enormity of the crime, and be an appropriate period of prison confinement.

There's a long list of who can appeal against the issue of an operating licence it includes the police, the local authority, and also the transport union.

Presumably then, if and when a licence is applied for any individual could contact one or all of these groups to object, personally I would agree that a licence should never be issued to a company or individual with this kind of record.

Offline wanderlust

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 16:40:07 PM »
As Shizzy says the sentence will be given at the end of the month, hopefully it will reflect the enormity of the crime, and be an appropriate period of prison confinement.

There's a long list of who can appeal against the issue of an operating licence it includes the police, the local authority, and also the transport union.

Presumably then, if and when a licence is applied for any individual could contact one or all of these groups to object, personally I would agree that a licence should never be issued to a company or individual with this kind of record.

"Traffic Commissioner Sarah Bell has disqualified the firm and Gordon from holding or obtaining an operator’s licence for two years, the BBC reported today."

It makes a great deal of difference whether Gordon is inside or out. I don't think you can run a haulage company from the Scrubs, I might be wrong.

Waste of time banning the firm, only needs a name change, no ban.