Author Topic: Wiltshire Council does not care about Trowbridge?  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Mike Hawkins

• Hugs: 40
Wiltshire Council does not care about Trowbridge?
« on: January 12, 2017, 14:51:50 pm »
Statistics are provided by Government to supply credence to Government policy

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
Re: Wiltshire Council does not care about Trowbridge?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 17:30:45 pm »
Ah but its election year, so it's get your name in the paper time. :laugh:

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 82
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 19:45:49 pm »
Trowbridge Town Councillors often complain that the Conservative administraition at Wiltshire Council, which rarely involves anyone from Trowbridge (whether Conservative or not), fails to treat Trowbridge as the County Town of Wiltshire .... though its often difficult to see what exactly could be done that is not already being done to treat Trowbridge as the principal town on this side of the Salisbury Plain ...

The reality is that similar policies apply all over the county ... (usually) ...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 19:47:55 pm by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 21:08:22 pm »
Another good reason to change the make up of Wiltshire Council and break the Tory hold, the Lib Dems have hardly proved a particularly effective opposition.
I hear that one of them has gone back to the Tory's for the election, perhaps if he gets elected again he'll jump ship as before, doesn't seem too bothered by principle.
At least this time the electors in Trowbridge will get a chance to vote Labour, and it isn't going to be a walk over as it was last time,
it would be good if we could do the same elsewhere.

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 82
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 21:11:56 pm »
Well ... I think it is best to be realistic about who will win control of County Hall. It will be the Conservative Party with a large majority whether the rest of us like it or not.

The idea that Labour will have anything on offer to change this reality in Wiltshire is simply irrelevant and not going to happen ...

The best Labour can hope for is to pick up a few extra seats in electoral divisions where they are strongest, though I have my doubts about that even as their overall poll rating is so low. It will largely depend on the quality and popularity of their local candidates.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 21:14:18 pm by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy