Author Topic: Do we really care about Brexit  (Read 155479 times)

Offline Maxi

• Hugs: 2
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Re: Do we really care about Brexit
« Reply #495 on: May 21, 2019, 18:17:35 PM »

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 82
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #496 on: May 21, 2019, 21:04:25 PM »
This detestable woman is just wasting time with her attempt to tempt MPs who oppose her deal with more nonsense.

As I understand it, more MPs will vote against it than before not least because they just want to make sure she just F*@Ks Off asap.

I have despised all sorts of politicians in my life for being so incompetent that they are clearly clowns but I've never before been roused to sheer hate like I feel against this terrible horrible woman who  should never have put herself forward for the job of PM when she is so out of her depth in almost every way ...

I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline baldy

LibDems say Baroness Scott would have sorted Brexit if she was PM
« Reply #497 on: May 21, 2019, 21:11:46 PM »
I attended the annual full meeting of  Wiltshire Council this morning and it was interesting how all the opposition leaders spoke to compliment Conservative peer Baroness Jane Scott on her achievements as Council Leader now that she has announced she will stand down on 9th July.

The LibDem leader was astonishingly glowing about her and apart from saying that she has run the council really well (all of which is true) he finished by saying that if Jane had been PM he was in no doubt that she would have delivered Brexit.

Jane was in tears and I think we were all agreeing the truth that she really would have shown everyone how to get things done.

For me to hear this from a Brexit-hating LibDem almost made my brain explode ...  I've been taking it easy all afternoon ...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 21:17:17 PM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #498 on: May 23, 2019, 08:37:09 AM »
Another Tory throws her toys out the pram !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48374098

Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
« Reply #499 on: May 23, 2019, 09:09:48 AM »
I think she has no option. The PM won't give a date and is clearly a stubborn woman. I guess this is a tactic to push the PM into resigning earlier rather than later.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline baldy

« Reply #500 on: May 23, 2019, 10:18:40 AM »
Andrea Leadsom has explained that she had to resign to prevent herself having to put down the PM's Withdrawal Agreement Bill today for debate tomorrow in parliament when she fundamentally disagrees with elements in the Bill.

I don't think Andrea believes she can win a leadership bid, so she was probably the most likely of the Brexiteer cabinet members to make the move that finishes off Terrible Treasonous May to help the whole party get a new leader and PM.

Having said that, I reckon she will run for the leadership like many others just to help keep up her profile and collect votes to then pass on her support to Boris in later rounds of the elimination stage of the leadership contest.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #501 on: May 23, 2019, 15:01:50 PM »
Her comments before the referendum were drastically contradictory to what she is saying now. Not a woman to be trusted!

Offline baldy

Offline DORIAN

• Hugs: 6
  • in a hundred yeras time it will not matter
« Reply #503 on: May 25, 2019, 09:26:00 AM »
I think we get it baldy that you did not like her, so let it rest now, yes she has to carry some of blame but not everything was her fault. she was handed a poisoned chalice, and the poison within that chalice was the Tory Party. whoever takes ove,r faces the same challenges as Theresa, and as we know, we are to believe the council in Brussels wont chance their stance...... But lets wait for the election results of the Euro !!!
No problems just Solutions

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #504 on: May 25, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »
I’d like to see Esther Mc what’s her name as PM

She’ll be as useless as any of them but at least it’ll be a bit of eye candy  ;D

Offline Shizzy

« Reply #505 on: May 26, 2019, 09:03:22 AM »
I think we get it baldy that you did not like her, so let it rest now, yes she has to carry some of blame but not everything was her fault. she was handed a poisoned chalice, and the poison within that chalice was the Tory Party. whoever takes ove,r faces the same challenges as Theresa, and as we know, we are to believe the council in Brussels wont chance their stance...... But lets wait for the election results of the Euro !!!

She was a useless Home Secretary as well, all those cockups were of her own making. Hopefully a new PM will empower Sajid to reverse the decisions she made then. Brexit was never going to be easy, even more so for someone who is fundamentally incompetent.

Offline baldy

« Reply #506 on: May 26, 2019, 09:25:59 AM »
I think the key point is that when David Cameron resigned, the UK needed the very best person who had all the essential skills needed to be a successful PM including commercial awareness and an ability to negotiate rather than plain stubbornness and an inability to communicate, empathise, lead or provide any sort of plan or vision.

In reality, she's been wholly bad on almost every level. It was crass foolishness for her to think she was in any way up to the job and deeply irresponsible to put herself with all her failings and inadequacies forward for the job.

I have to laugh at her idea that she has been an inspiration for girls as a female prime minister. In fact, she's shown that women who are not up to the job quickly get exposed for their personal failings. In her case, her failings start with her ridiculous two tone voice. Its a horrible noise that I detest. She should have had her vocal chords sorted out decades ago so that they are in tune with each other and not speaking different notes at the same time. She must be mad to think a politician at high level can be successful when their own voice is so ugly and annoying ...

I've come to the conclusion that I don't really care who the next PM is as long as they are a proper Brexiteer who originally voted Leave because any of them would be so much better than the Maybot. In truth, Mrs May has made so many mistakes that they all make it quite clear what any new PM will not do. I would be happy with Boris, Gove, Raab .... and hope it is not an original remainer.  Also, I want to see Hammond sacked as Chancellor as he is as much responsible for the failure of the Maybot's premiership as she was ... especially for talking up Project Fear nonsense and failing to allocate the money needed to properly prepare for a no deal Brexit in a full and timely way.

I think Amber Rudd is a remoaner to watch as she will be doing a deal to work with the eventual winner whilst not running for the leadership herself. I suspect she will come out near the end to endorse Boris as someone who she can work with ...

It is of course fascinating to see Amber involved at high level in all of this because during the 70s and 80s she used to live at weekends and during Summer holidays etc with her family at Chalcot House, just off the Frome Road between Westbury and Chapmanslade. I remember her regularly attending church with her family in Dilton Marsh during the time I lived there with my Dad. I see her as a very likely future PM ... maybe the one after the upcoming one ... because she really is very talented indeed. She actually has all the skills needed except maybe long experience in high office, but that will come over the next few years.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 09:51:00 AM by baldy »

Offline Shizzy

« Reply #507 on: May 26, 2019, 11:26:12 AM »
The thing that concerned me about Amber was when she was Home Secretary she seemed to endorse all of May's cockups , and may no attempt to reverse them. Just felt a bit weak to me, unable to stand up to May.

Offline Shizzy

« Reply #508 on: May 26, 2019, 11:42:23 AM »
Baldy, you missed out her walk. That stoop she has really bugs me :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 19:48:21 PM by Shizzy »

Offline Shizzy

« Reply #509 on: May 26, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »
Dorian, maybe you could share what qualities you see she has. I would be genuinely interested as I must confess I have a real dislike for her and worried I am becoming tunnel visioned. You know what it's like when everything someone does just annoys you. Well I'm at that stage with her.