Author Topic: Do we really care about Brexit  (Read 23333 times)

Offline DORIAN

• Hugs: 6
  • in a hundred yeras time it will not matter
Re: Do we really care about Brexit
« Reply #300 on: March 09, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »
is there any other country that is land locked in the EU that does not have any boarder controls?
No problems just Solutions

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #301 on: March 09, 2019, 09:35:08 AM »
What ?  We are not land-locked. No part of the UK is land-locked because all parts are islands or part of islands. Bizarre question.
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:            My Blog                                  Twitter

Offline DORIAN

« Reply #302 on: March 09, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »
bloody hell, i did not say we are Landlocked, i said other countries, and actually, yesterday on Radio Four asked the same question to a EU member Councillor, so instead of jumping down my throat, and calling it ,Bizarre, if you do not know the answer, maybe someone does!!!!!

Offline Pugwash

• Hugs: 2
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #303 on: March 09, 2019, 11:50:25 AM »
Dorian, does this help?

" Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino, and the Vatican City remain outside the Union, some because of the cost of membership as the EU has not been designed with microstates in mind. Andorra is, by population, the largest of the 5 microstates with 78,115 according to a census taken in 2011.
Iceland is considered a microstate by some, because of its small population of 320,060 per April 2012. It is a member of the European Economic Area (EEA), and is recognized as an official candidate for accession to the Union, though the negotiations have been suspended. If Iceland accedes to become an EU member state, it would enter as the smallest EU state measured by population, although twelfth largest by geographical size.
Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, and the Vatican City use the euro through monetary agreements with the EU, and have been granted the right to issue a limited number of euro coins. They were allowed to do so as they had used or been tied to the old eurozone currencies. Liechtenstein, on the other hand, uses the Swiss franc.

Liechtenstein is a full member of the Schengen Agreement, EFTA and Dublin Regulation on asylum and is negotiating an agreement to participate in the PrĂ¼m Decisions, while Monaco has an open border with France and Schengen laws are administered as if it were a part of France. San Marino and the Vatican City have an open border with their neighbouring Schengen Area state Italy. No microstates can issue Schengen visas.[citation needed] None of them have any airport, but all have heliports. Monaco has the only seaport. Arrival from outside the Schengen Area is allowed in Monaco, but not in San Marino and the Vatican City as they have no border controls.

Monaco is a part of the EU customs territory through an agreement with France, and is administered as part of France. San Marino and Andorra are in a customs union with the bloc. Liechtenstein, as a member of the EEA, is within the EU internal market and applies certain EU laws. All of the microstates are also part of other organisations such as the Council of Europe and the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (the Vatican is member only of the OSCE)
"

Offline baldy

« Reply #304 on: March 09, 2019, 12:00:29 PM »
is there any other country that is land locked in the EU that does not have any boarder controls?

Dorian

You said "other" country, which means you think a country is already landlocked which I assumed was the UK because you did not mention any country.

I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).

Offline DORIAN

« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2019, 11:16:19 AM »
Thanks Pugwash for that very comprehensive answer, the politicians(if you can then that) were arguing on the radio that Ireland and Northern Ireland would be the only country NOT to have a hard Border if Mrs May has her way... Thanks

Offline Pete

• Hugs: 0
« Reply #306 on: March 10, 2019, 17:16:23 PM »
I really am sick of this sh1t now, if the shoe was on the other foot, would you give a sh1t how we felt, no you wouldn't it would be "you lost, tough sh1t". But no, you've got to whine and bitch about the result of a democratic vote, well hear this, TOUGH SH1T, you lost, get over it. If you want to live under an undemocratic dictatorship then you're more than welcome to emigrate.

Offline baldy

« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2019, 17:46:20 PM »
I really am sick of this sh1t now, if the shoe was on the other foot, would you give a sh1t how we felt, no you wouldn't it would be "you lost, tough sh1t". But no, you've got to whine and bitch about the result of a democratic vote, well hear this, TOUGH SH1T, you lost, get over it. If you want to live under an undemocratic dictatorship then you're more than welcome to emigrate.

[app] [app] [app] [app]

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 51
  • Hobby
« Reply #308 on: March 10, 2019, 21:24:30 PM »

Pete, you obviously voted leave. Do you want a hard Brexit (no deals) like Baldy , or would you rather the UK left with trade deals in place (soft)?
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline John GL

• Hugs: 5
« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2019, 23:48:56 PM »
Maxi, please put a sock in it.  Simply repeating clever-dick nonsense from other sites isn't going to convince anyone and isn't appropriate for this forum. 

Let's talk about Westbury instead.

Offline Pete

• Hugs: 0
« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2019, 01:09:15 AM »

Pete, you obviously voted leave. Do you want a hard Brexit (no deals) like Baldy , or would you rather the UK left with trade deals in place (soft)?

I don't believe having a trade deal with the EU is a soft Brexit at all, a soft Brexit is where we are stuck in the customs union, cfp, cap, etc, that's what I don't want. However, if it's a choice between the current deal and no deal, then i would choose no deal.

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 07:22:55 AM by Michael »

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #312 on: March 11, 2019, 13:00:00 PM »
Maxi, please put a sock in it.  Simply repeating clever-dick nonsense from other sites isn't going to convince anyone and isn't appropriate for this forum. 

Let's talk about Westbury instead.

A bit harsh. Maxi is only expressing frustration at what he believes is a monumental mistake. Nothing inappropriate as far as I can see. Everyone copies and pastes..

Talk about Westbury on the Westbury board if that's what you want to do.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #313 on: March 11, 2019, 13:15:21 PM »

I don't believe having a trade deal with the EU is a soft Brexit at all, a soft Brexit is where we are stuck in the customs union, cfp, cap, etc, that's what I don't want. However, if it's a choice between the current deal and no deal, then i would choose no deal.

A trade deal or customs union in which there will be free movement of goods between the UK and the EU is something we have now and would be considered a soft Brexit if that was still the case afterwards. That isn't going to happen.

I assume when you say cfp you mean Common Fisheries Policy? cap again I assume you mean Common Agricultural Policy?  If you do, I can't really comment on the CFP as I don't know much about it and I don't like fish. But the CAP is very important, in some areas such as bio-diversity and sustainable farming, that I believe it is a good thing to have - not lose. Living in a rural county I would have thought you would appreciate that.

I think any deal is better than a no deal.

Online Maxi

• Hugs: 2
« Reply #314 on: March 11, 2019, 18:03:26 PM »
A bit harsh. Maxi is only expressing frustration at what he believes is a monumental mistake. Nothing inappropriate as far as I can see. Everyone copies and pastes..

Thanks Bob That Sums Up My Feelings, But I apologise if I have upset other forum members with my posts  :( :o
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 19:39:16 PM by Maxi »