Author Topic: Do we really care about Brexit  (Read 29644 times)

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 51
  • Hobby
Re: Do we really care about Brexit
« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2019, 09:14:04 AM »
If you did, It's because for some people admitting they made a mistake is very hard. And because they will never admit they made a mistake, they get angry when faced with the truth.
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2019, 10:12:20 AM »
Maxi, all you are doing is posting links to sites that support your view, and it's just clogging up the homepage. Anyone can post links to sites that support their view, I could post several links a day saying the world is flat.

Bottom line is Brexit is happening regardless of how upset you are. Remainers would have been better off the last two years trying to shape a good deal for the UK rater that trying to subvert the result.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:28:26 AM by Shizzy »
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2019, 11:06:38 AM »
Anyone can post links to sites that support their view, I could post several links a day saying the world is flat.

OMG. You too!

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2019, 11:19:19 AM »

Bottom line is Brexit is happening regardless of how upset you are.

Is it though?

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2019, 11:25:10 AM »

Remainers would have been better off the last two years trying to shape a good deal for the UK rater that trying to subvert the result.

We have good deals already. Well mostly. We could have had an influence on making them better - not now!

In any case, personally, I've been forced to 'stabilise' our supply chain. We supply to PHE and NHS. They are worried no doubt about it.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2019, 11:27:10 AM »
Maxi, all you are doing is posting links to sites that support your view, and it's just clogging up the homepage.

Brexit has been clogging every fecking homepage / front page / face page etc. ever since that twat Cameron called a referendum!!

Offline DORIAN

• Hugs: 6
  • in a hundred yeras time it will not matter
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2019, 12:22:03 PM »
Personally, my business is temporarily fecked too. we have Gove trying to turn our arable land fit for butterflies and fecking toads whilst Jacob rees Mogg seems to think we can buy cheap food from abroad.... yeh sure that works.
our cash flow is fecked too as we purchase all our agrochemicals from Germany, usually when needed, April through to August, but we have had to stockpile and pay for stuff months ahead ..... LET THEM EAT  IT CAKE... cos soon our farming industry will be fecked too... Rant over
No problems just Solutions

Offline Maxi

• Hugs: 2
« Reply #322 on: March 17, 2019, 19:42:44 PM »
Any Predictions On What Will Happen Next.

Or What You Would Like To See Happen Next.

Mine Is The Deal will Be Rolled Out For The Third Time And Be Narrowly Defeated, Then The Impasse Will Be Put To The People To Vote On

Which Will Be, Mays Deal, No Deal, Or Remain.

I Saw James Grey On  This Morning Saying He Is Going To  Vote For May's Deal This Time Where Previously He Has Voted Against It. He Also Said Perhaps  a good Deal Is That All Sides Are A little Bit Unhappy With It.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 19:47:58 PM by Maxi »

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #323 on: March 17, 2019, 20:06:11 PM »
I don't think anyone knows for sure what will happen next and certainly not the real outcome yet.

It seems that the PM is pulling every lever possible to press Conservative MPs and the DUP to support her deal.

I get a sense that she may win or lose the next (3rd) meaningful vote on the ("her" - actually the EU's) deal by a much smaller number than before. It seems that a lot of gamesmanship is going on and that there will probably be a 4th meaningful vote when she throws everything at it including all sorts of bribes, including probably peerages etc, which she will win by a slim majority.

I have to say that I was very impressed by Julia Hartley-Brewer on Question Time on Thursday when she said that there should be no more referendums until the result of the last referendum is honoured, otherwise why should anyone bother?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 02:52:31 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:            My Blog                                  Twitter

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hobby
« Reply #324 on: March 18, 2019, 11:14:05 AM »
I think the hardline 'no deal' Brexiters are accepting now that leaving with May's deal with the EU is the only option if actually leaving is going to happen. with a few bribes to the DUP I think this next time it will get accepted and passed.

Of course there is still a fly in the ointment from the future Prime Minister - BoJo - who still wants the deal changed. I see he's had a haircut now to make himself not look so stupid. I don't think it makes any difference.  ;D

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
« Reply #325 on: March 18, 2019, 12:37:35 PM »
I think the hardline 'no deal' Brexiters are accepting now that leaving with May's deal with the EU is the only option if actually leaving is going to happen. with a few bribes to the DUP I think this next time it will get accepted and passed.

Of course there is still a fly in the ointment from the future Prime Minister - BoJo - who still wants the deal changed. I see he's had a haircut now to make himself not look so stupid. I don't think it makes any difference.  ;D

I think you are right, the DUP must be rubbing their hands waiting for the extra cash. They seem to want to be treated the same as the rest of the UK when it suits, but not when it comes to gay marriage or abortion.

Once BREXIT is sorted there is nothing to stop the UK continuing negotiations, and even changing some aspects at a later date. I strongly suspect the EU want to make life as difficult as possible to act as a warning to other countries thinking of leaving.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline baldy

« Reply #326 on: March 18, 2019, 15:07:49 PM »
Well, if BOJO becomes PM, I'll be looking forward to seeing his first meeting with President Trump, who BOJO insulted as foreign secretary ...
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).

Offline Maxi

• Hugs: 2
« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2019, 17:49:56 PM »
Well I was Wrong, Now Bercow Has Intervened. :-\

Offline baldy

« Reply #328 on: March 18, 2019, 20:07:46 PM »
Woo hoo

Looks like no (EU) deal on WTO terms is more likely to happen now ...

It is common knowledge and standard practice and frequently mentioned within local councils that motions cannot be brought back for debate within 6 months or more depending on what each constitution says. This is to stop the losers from causing chaos with repeated motions that will fail because they can't accept their loss and their wish to block the business of the council until they get their way ...

It seems to me that our MPs really are incompetent ...

Offline baldy

« Reply #329 on: March 19, 2019, 09:05:39 AM »
I've decided that the dreadful PM Mrs May is responsible for the biggest failure of UK/ English statecraft since 1066.

I was impressed with a comment last night on Newsnight that the current constitutional mess is the biggest failure of statecraft since Suez. But, thinking about that I realised that Mrs May is responsible and actually this is worse than Suez. To think of any larger failure than Suez previously, I end up with the last succesful invasion of Britain by the Normans in 1066.