Author Topic: Tesco and the 5p bag  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 51
  • Hobby
Tesco and the 5p bag
« on: August 09, 2017, 20:55:02 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/aug/07/tesco-to-end-sales-of-5p-carrier-bags

Now I probably wouldn't have taken any notice as I usually take my bags for wife - sorry bags for life with me when I shop but tonight I forgot so when I got to the till in Tesco I asked for a 10p bag for life.

Well surprise surprise, they didn't have any but had loads of 5p ones. Strange that they are stopping selling them at the end of this month....

It's not the cost I'm moaning about more the principle of ripping customers off.

By the way, I had to buy three for 15p where I knew one 10p would have sufficed.
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Sector9

• Hugs: 41
  • The Dark Horse from the White Horse
Re: Tesco and the 5p bag
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:39:06 AM »
I find it interesting how it took so long for the UK to bring in the law on plastic bags, and actually it's quite an easy shift in behaviour to take your bags for life (although like you Bob I do forget mine from time to time).

Tesco will be trying to sell off their 5p ones now - I shop at Saino's as that's the only supermarket where I live and they only have the 10p ones.

http:// 404 error - Sector9 not found

Offline DORIAN

• Hugs: 6
  • in a hundred yeras time it will not matter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 12:38:37 PM »
what's so bloody stupid is what is in the bag, a plastic covered cucumber, a carton of plastic covered tomatoes, with a plastic bottle of orange squash..... and the bottle of milk.......in a plastic bottle!!
IS it Me!!!
No problems just Solutions

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 51
  • Hobby
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 14:45:50 PM »
what's so bloody stupid is what is in the bag, a plastic covered cucumber, a carton of plastic covered tomatoes, with a plastic bottle of orange squash..... and the bottle of milk.......in a plastic bottle!!
IS it Me!!!

How did you know what I bought?  :o ???
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 19:56:31 PM »
Cost of bags is the bane of my life . I hate paying for them as i have a boot half full of them. I just keep forgetting to take them in the stores with me and sometime have to buy some.. Unless i have the granddaughter and buggy with me
Then when i get home i remember i have 2 pretty bags in a little bag in a secret pocket of my bag which i couuld have used after all grrr