Author Topic: High street  (Read 532 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
High street
« on: May 13, 2018, 08:55:46 AM »
 Ive just read in the wilts times that one of the cafes in the high street have been in a spot of trouble,

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/16222077.Cafe_owner_pleads_guilty_to_food_hygience_offences/#comments-anchor

Offline Damnit

• Hugs: 2
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Re: High street
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 08:25:40 AM »
Not suprised it was disgusting when I went in about 2 months after it opened in its new place put me off going back to be honest I do not think it should have opened until all the renovations were finished & would of thought it should have been signed off with its hygiene rating before being allowed to open but I do not know how the regulations work

Offline Dana Scully

• Hugs: 13
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 07:58:49 AM »
It always looks so grubby from the outside and that has put me off going in there, anyway there is a much nicer established café a couple of doors down .

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 12:41:06 PM »
I popped into the high street for the first time yesterday in well over a month or so . Wanted to use the cashpoint machine. Found the bank empty and the cashpoint no more.  I knew it was coming and was going to close  but had forgotten it was so soon.    Hopefully when  the kebab shop and new fish and chip shop opens they will bring more trade to the high street... not the shops we need really but could bring more people to the high street.
 Not many shops there i would use these days.. dont have newspapers or smoke so dont use mcolls...  dont use kevins menswear.... the betting shop ... the dry cleaners... the estate agents .... the cafes ....
I do however use  cards plus and miles of value at times when i need to and will walk around the charity shops on odd occasions. Have been in the indian resturant and the cake shop too at times.   2 shops i use in the whole of our high street isnt good i know .

As i go to trowbridge and back twice a day taking my partner to work  and back and also visiting my daughter and babies i find it easier to pop into home bargains and b n m and aldi as im passing through at just after 7.30 am ...just have to sit in the car umtil they open at 8am  yes i know im  not supporting out shops i know which is a shame . But no shops i want to use and not open when im up and around. I have a few mobility issues st the moment as those who have seen me know i now get about with a walking stick. If i want to do something or go somewhere im better off in the mornings. The earlier the better. My mobility is better and not in as much pain.