Author Topic: Beer  (Read 4423 times)

Offline Damnit

• Hugs: 2
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Re: Beer
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 06:11:16 AM »
I am refering to said Red Renault driver entering the cul de sac and going wide around the left hand bend outside number 3 at speed where there is a dense hedge obscuring the view of what might be round the corner in this quiet family filled cul de sac. Sorry if my opinion of what I have witnessed pretty much on a daily basis causes offense, but I am not sorry if causing offense to someone prevents an accident or injury...the 5 seconds longer it might take to drive a little slower with alittle more caution is nothing compared to a lifetime of regret.

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2018, 09:23:56 AM »
Right. You seem to miss the point that going a little wide around any blind left hand bend is safer because you can see further ahead around the bend.  I am never on the other side of the road but I am part over the middle of the road here for safety reasons .... and I am also able to quickly pull left if something is coming towards me ...

Actually, the hedge is set back from the road by just over a metre or so, so the visibility around the bend is quite good and certainly much better than it would be if the hedge was right up to the kerb.

I have checked my speed at this point many times. If there has been no hazard in the road then my speed would be between 10-11 mph going around the bend and I would have been coasting for the last 40m with my foot ready on the brake having taken my foot off the accelerator whilst doing 15 mph. There is more than enough distance to stop in half the distance if another vehicle is coming the other way.  Indeed, the momentum of the car going at 10 mph around this left hand corner is enough to continue all the way forward into the Becks Mill yard and my car space at the far end without touching the accelerator again. This is in large part because the automatic gearbox and diesel combination tends to keep the car moving forward at about 6 mph on a flat road if no pedals are touched ...

I've never had an accident in a residential street.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:12:46 PM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:            My Blog                                  Twitter

Offline Damnit

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 09:34:15 AM »
I have nothing further to add as I made my opinion clear from what I have witnessed.

Offline baldy

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 09:58:12 AM »
Ah .... so you are the driver of the white car which was going out of the cul de sac about 2 months ago and I came around this bend to find you coming towards me in the way and you only just managed to get back on your correct side of the road before I came past.  I was watching what you did and was ready to brake but could see that you were quick to react and would get out of the way ... even at your crawling slow speed ...     I judged that we would miss each other .... though a timid driver would have been alarmed a bit .... I can't imagine that you are timid ..... maybe a slow driver tho .... I've had to drive behind you in the past but that is another story ...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:02:59 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).

Offline Damnit

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 10:09:08 AM »
Incorrect...as miracles go not actually meeting you on the road has been one so I am afraid your assumptions on what car I drive and at what speed or with what confidence is unfounded....however I have witnessed the opinions I have given through my office window....speaking of which one gas work to do.

Offline baldy

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2018, 10:30:24 AM »
Hmmmmm...  You are simply talking rubbish based on your own slow reaction times and inability to completely read the road fully so that you have to go very slowly yourself ...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:16:35 PM by baldy »

Offline Damnit

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2018, 17:01:39 PM »
Having re read all your responses, I am happy to leave the thread where I left off safe in the knowledge that in future the red Renault driver  might be more concious of staying on their side of the road & driving more cautiously in the cul de sac in question  [beer]

Offline Al

• Hugs: 56
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2018, 11:38:25 AM »
Talk about off topic. Baldy, do you drink beer?
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

Offline baldy

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2018, 12:19:50 PM »
Yes, but far less now than I used to.

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2018, 21:34:55 PM »
Yes, but far less now than I used to.

Cost? or can't your body take it anymore?  [beer]

I drink more at home now than in the pubs I'm sorry to say. I'm not alone hence the demise of so many establishments. Also there are so many excellent bottled beers these days.
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline baldy

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 16:25:34 PM »
It is all part of a gradual process to lose weight and do more exercise. I've lost 4 stone over the last 4 years, but sometimes I find I've put a few more pounds on when its been raining a lot and I've done less walking ....   I probably drink about a pint of beer a week in a bar on average (less in the Winter and more in the Summer) and another pint on average at home per week ....

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 10:02:41 AM »
WEnt to the The Lamb on the Strand at the weekend, had a very nice pint of Box Brewery Tunnel Vision and their IPA.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.