The Westbury Boards > Westbury News & Discussion

Ex-town Cllr investigated for trivial alleged breach of the code of conduct

<< < (2/6) > >>

baldy:
Blimey.

WC has appointed a top firm of independent investigators to handle my cases.  The cost will run into thousands of £s of public money, especially as they are based up North and must attend any committee, ahem - Kangaroo Court - meetings ...

This is going to be properly interesting ....

Al:

--- Quote from: baldy on February 20, 2019, 07:00:34 am ---WC has appointed a top firm of independent investigation lawyers to handle my cases.  The cost will run into thousands of £s of public money, especially as they are based up North and must attend any committee, ahem - Kangaroo Court - meetings ...

This is going to be properly interesting ....

--- End quote ---
Council's need to take these things seriously now. Two words. Alex Salmond... ;D

baldy:
Good point.

Scottish Law is a bit different from English law though.

I am well aware that there is a right to appeal any incorrect procedure used by a public body in England to make a decision if it is seriously illogical, unfair etc. or to appeal a decision if it is simply irrational and not based on any proper law, relevant facts etc ...

My legal advisers follow the evolving English Law very closely and there are several recent cases that deal with Freedom of Expression for councillors where adversely affected councillors went to judicial review and had decisions overturned.

baldy:
Well, well, well ....

the draft report has been issued for the first set of allegations which was made by a current co-opted town councillor .........

I can't say a word in public yet, but the following emoticons pretty well say it all ....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[app] [app] [app] [app] [app] [app] [app] [app] [app] [app] [app] [app] [app] [app]

[beer]

:-*

baldy:
I've had to delete my recent posts about the second complaint due to legal advice I've now been given.

What I would say is that the current state of play is that the draft report for the first complaint (made by a current co-opted town councillor) clears me on all points though criticises me for going right up to the limits of freedom of expression (in effect) and the draft report for the second complaint (made by a person living in North Bradley who was livid that I mentioned the village where she lives) almost does the same but actually finds a breach based on the idea that my last few emails to her and posts on Facebook in response to her posts made a few days earlier were after the complaint was started and therefore should not have been made at all.

I believe that the basis of the "breach" found by the investigator in the second complaint is actually incorrect for a range of reasons not least because I only replied to the complainant because she contacted me directly anyway and the last Facebook posts were part of a continuing argument involving many people and all of it is still up and live etc etc ... and my last post was simply the completion of my comments about her comments whether she liked the timing of it or not   etc etc...

There's a lot more to all of this than I am saying here. As far as I am concerned, any attempt to put any aspect of the complaints into the public domain with a claim that I have done anything wrong will be responded to by me with a complete explanation of the nonsense that the relevant complainant was getting up to. The second complainant is a professional working in Westbury using her maiden name for both her own business and for the complaint and she was supporting the idea of some criminal activities in Westbury using her married name as her ID on Facebook.

Ho hum ... it continues ...... but really overall it's all looking a lot better than I thought before the independent investigator was brought in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version