The Westbury Boards > Westbury News & Discussion

IF THERE WAS EVER A NEED

(1/4) > >>

DORIAN:
 I had the need to use a Post office, obviously, a town a hamlet the size of Dilton Marsh was the  nearest  as opposed to the 19000 plus population of westbury that has no such service.
i had a a hefty 100 plus large letters to be weighed and stamped. Obviously this caused me total embarrassment whilst other users just wanted a stamp or two, waiting behind me.... i turned to fellow customers numerous times to aplogise   or my time at the counter. the place was jam packed.
i see no development from our , SO PROACTIVE council in insisting a Post office for our growing town. It really is quite depressing the size of westbury being left left out as garbage.
no bank
no post office
No Building society
No women dress shop
un  policed Police station

is there anyone out there  that gives a sugar

Michael:
A great shame that a once service to the public was sold off by our Conservative government and now even Crown Post Office establishments, like the one in Trowbridge are closing.
If it doesn't make a profit for it's shareholders, be it a bank, a shop, or a post office, it will close. Service industries, public transport, utilities, and even education has to be profitable or self supporting.
This is all happening in the fifth largest economy in the world, the home to 134 billionaires, and 715,000 millionaires, and many multi national companies avoiding and evading fair taxation.
Perhaps we should insist that a fairer taxation system is put in place nationally, a system for the many not the few that allows our government to pay for and bring back service to the community.
Perhaps instead of criticising hard working unpaid town councillors, we should look at the current Tory government who allow and support these injustices.
Perhaps we should insist that services industries, public transport, utilities, Royal Mail, the Post Office and education are brought back into total public ownership and run for the benefit of the public not the profit of investors.

Bob DeBilda:
Michael, that’s one of the best posts you’ve put on here. I agree with everything you said.  [app]  [app]

Shizzy:

--- Quote from: Michael on November 30, 2018, 17:50:51 PM ---A great shame that a once service to the public was sold off by our Conservative government and now even Crown Post Office establishments, like the one in Trowbridge are closing.
If it doesn't make a profit for it's shareholders, be it a bank, a shop, or a post office, it will close. Service industries, public transport, utilities, and even education has to be profitable or self supporting.
This is all happening in the fifth largest economy in the world, the home to 134 billionaires, and 715,000 millionaires, and many multi national companies avoiding and evading fair taxation.
Perhaps we should insist that a fairer taxation system is put in place nationally, a system for the many not the few that allows our government to pay for and bring back service to the community.
Perhaps instead of criticising hard working unpaid town councillors, we should look at the current Tory government who allow and support these injustices.
Perhaps we should insist that services industries, public transport, utilities, Royal Mail, the Post Office and education are brought back into total public ownership and run for the benefit of the public not the profit of investors.

--- End quote ---

Sadly the Tories will still run them into the ground, look at what they have done to the public services. Anyway we're all in it together said David Camoron, just before MP's got a massive inflation busting pay rise.

DORIAN:
ok so that is your theory. as to why we are but it does not give a  positive solution to improving the plight of this town!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version