Author Topic: Knife Crime  (Read 203 times)

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Knife Crime
« on: March 06, 2019, 17:05:08 PM »
With all the news on knife crime centred around the large cities, we must remember that this scourge is impacting on us more locally. In the last month there have been knife point robberies in Warminster, Westbury, and Trowbridge, and we have had a serious stabbing in the Tesco car park in Trowbridge.

The reasons are complex and I think are a result of a perfect storm over the 9 - 10 years.

Austerity has obviously impacted, with a massive reduction in police numbers, not only this but youth clubs have closed, less money being spent on education, social care and mental health have all led to services being cut to the bone, and struggling to cope with an increase in demand coupled with a decrease in funding.

Stop and Search reduction - Mrs May's big campaign, beating up the police over this time and time again. Stop / Search reduces knife, crime goes up..... coincidence? Some commentators point to the fact that stop and search was only successful in a small proportion of cases, that may be so but it is the fear of being searched that will make kids think twice about carrying knives.

Despair / Alienation / Poverty - Linked to austerity in part, many youngsters feel disenfranchised, many from poor families with no hope. No resources to put into these families, and then see MP's giving themselves large pay rises year after year. Cameron told the public we are all in it together, sadly some are more in it than others.

Mrs May - The architect of most of this, a woman who appears to be f'ing clueless, lacking in emotion and empathy, does not listen to what she is being told. She repeats her mantra of a reduction in police numbers isn't linked to the rise in crime, as if the more she says it, it will eventually come true. She must be the only person in the country who believes it.

I feel for Sajid Javid, seems a decent bloke who wants to deal with the issue but is impotent due to the meddling of Mrs May.

Sadly I don't think we will see any change until Mrs May goes.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 17:47:45 PM by Shizzy »
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
Re: Knife Crime
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 17:35:59 PM »
Yup, pray for May to go away ...
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:            My Blog                                  Twitter