The General Boards > General Discussion

Traffic

(1/4) > >>

Silverthreads:
The weight and volume of traffic using Oldfield road needs monitoring!!
Yes, I have posted before on this subject but it is getting worse!
This morning a yellow Discordia lorry went by and returned! This is by no means the only lorry of this size to use this road!!
Maybe the council needs to rethink it's signage! Maybe it isn't clear enough, or am I wrong in thinking this type of lorry is under 7.5 tns!
Also, cars partly parked on pavements and even on the humps!! Makes getting in and out of driveways more difficult.

baldy:
Traffic is getting heavier everywhere. Houses facing a main road or key distributor road will be affected more than most.

The solution in Oldfield Road is the provision of the bridge over the railway line for Mane Way to connect to Station Road through the new estate that is now under construction on the permitted site west of the Sailing Lake.

I think now is a good time for me to recontact the relevant people in County Hall to see what can be done to move the bridge along ...

Shizzy:

--- Quote from: Silverthreads on June 18, 2019, 09:38:09 AM ---The weight and volume of traffic using Oldfield road needs monitoring!!
Yes, I have posted before on this subject but it is getting worse!
This morning a yellow Discordia lorry went by and returned! This is by no means the only lorry of this size to use this road!!
Maybe the council needs to rethink it's signage! Maybe it isn't clear enough, or am I wrong in thinking this type of lorry is under 7.5 tns!
Also, cars partly parked on pavements and even on the humps!! Makes getting in and out of driveways more difficult.

--- End quote ---

If John Bowley has his way Oldfield Road will be the alternative Westbury By-Pass

baldy:
Yes, but that route would not be a bypass of the town. It would just be a different route through the town.

Debs:

--- Quote from: baldy on June 18, 2019, 11:30:03 AM ---Traffic is getting heavier everywhere. Houses facing a main road or key distributor road will be affected more than most.

The solution in Oldfield Road is the provision of the bridge over the railway line for Mane Way to connect to Station Road through the new estate that is now under construction on the permitted site west of the Sailing Lake.

I think now is a good time for me to recontact the relevant people in County Hall to see what can be done to move the bridge along ...

--- End quote ---
       [app] [app] [app]     

its totally ridiculous along there . A large car transporter full of cars went along there a couple of weeks ago . Thats way more than the 7.5 tonne limit  .  There is often a really large lorry delivering lots of carpets on a regular basis right by the traffic calming. That also causes havoc  especially when drives into bridge court and then reverses out again to go back to station road
 What i really have issue with it the numpties who go right through the middle of the traffic calming humps as speed..regardless of the fact you are coming off your or on  your drive on your own side of the road and they should be on the opposite side. They arent .. they are inches away  from your car because they are half on the wrong side of the road.. ( fed up of being sworn at or hand signal) its not just the young boy racers either... im 56 ive seen plenty much older that me racing through the middle . Those humps would have been better going right across the road like they are up in warrington. Much better..no one is racing to get through the middle AND its much better for your car

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version