The General Boards > General Discussion

Womens world cup

(1/3) > >>

Bob DeBilda:
I've been pleasantly surprised at the quality and fitness of a lot of the football being played at this world cup.

I used to dismiss women's football as not worth watching but will acknowledge that it is as entertaining as the men's game even if the skill levels are not there.

I'm looking forward to the quarter final tonight between England and Norway.

The Japanese team were very skillful, just their lack of being able to score let them down.  [app]

Silverthreads:
I have only watched a bit of this tournament  but have to say that  I found it entertaining.
I admire the England team in how they handled the Camaroon team, they could so easily have retaliated. The Camaroons should face a heavy fine and some sort of ban!! ....and the Ref. should also face a ban... she had no control over the game whatsoever!!
I don't think she had her red card on her!

Shizzy:
I agree. Very surprised. In fact in some ways it has been more enjoyable than watching the men diving and rolling around in pretend agony every few mins. That said the Cameroon team were an absolute disgrace, and should be heavily penalised by FIFA.

Bob DeBilda:
Well done to the Lioness's for getting through to the semi finals.

--- Quote from: Shizzy on June 27, 2019, 19:48:28 pm --- That said the Cameroon team were an absolute disgrace, and should be heavily penalised by FIFA.

--- End quote ---

Yes a disgrace to football but very entertaining watching them throw tantrums and gesticulating at each other and the big screen.  :laugh:

Shizzy:
Another great win by the girls last night. Not over paid prima donas like the blokes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version