Author Topic: Charlie finbow  (Read 6030 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
Charlie finbow
« on: August 16, 2019, 17:31:38 PM »
Sad news  , charlie was always a good contributor to this forum as well as westbury and the council
 Condolences to charlies family  :'(

Offline DORIAN

• Hugs: 6
  • in a hundred yeras time it will not matter
Re: Charlie finbow
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 10:51:09 AM »
a super kind gentleman who did so much for everyone, a sad day indeed, Thanks Charlie for all that [beer] you did
No problems just Solutions

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 14:52:26 PM »
I've known Charlie since 2003 when he became a town councillor. He was involved in a variety of community activities, not least as a governor and frequently chair of governors at the junior school. He will be greatly missed by many.
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Sector9

• Hugs: 41
  • The Dark Horse from the White Horse
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 16:41:38 PM »
I remember Charlie very well from my days on the White Horse News - an all round lovely guy with a real passion for Westbury. Sad times :(
http:// 404 error - Sector9 not found

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 10:23:20 AM »
I attended the service at West Wiltshire Crematorium last Monday. The chapel was packed with some people left standing. I think a lot of the attendees were Westbury Junior School teachers and governors plus parents of some children there reflecting Charlie's long service as a governor and volunteer for anything there ...

It was certainly a memorable service. It is the first for me where no-one sang and the music was essentially rock classics reflecting Charlie's musical tastes and involvement in a band as their drummer. Richard Hatt, long-time headteacher at the junior school, gave a long speech and literally sobbed all the way through it, explaining how he met Charlie at his job interview, an interview he'll never forget as Charlie's interview technique was unforgettable ...

My abiding memory of Charlie was the way he resigned off the town council not long after serving as Mayor. He disagreed with a decision taken by the vast majority of councillors at a full council meeting and he literally got up and walked out saying that he is resigning off the council. Cllr Derek Hulin saw what happened and promptly did the same as well.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 11:05:55 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy