Author Topic: Theft  (Read 657 times)

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
Theft
« on: October 24, 2019, 12:10:13 PM »
Copied from my facebook.
 To say im enraged is an understatement.  My son works hard for a living running his own decorating business. He came home from work yesterday to find his vehicle had been stripped of all its chrome in broad daylight. Im posting on here in the hope that someone going through leigh park or going to westbury leigh school as it happened around that time between 3-5.30pm
Ive enclosed a photo of his vehicle minus some the chrome. They even had to lie in the busy fast road to remove one mudflap. Left the other that was too close to their house.
Police have been contacted. They have posted to spotted page ...      hopefully someone will know something and my son can have his vehicle put back together. It was all ripped off they broke the fixings doing it.  Also damaged paintwork .The front grill is roughly 3ft long... not something you can hide easily so they must have had a vehicle there to get all the chrome away

IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS DO THE DECENT THING.  CONTACT EITHER THE POLICE, OR MY SON RYAN OR MYSELF IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION
  He works hard to provide for his growing family and some little thieving bastard has damaged his vehicle whilst stripping it of all its chrome ..
 Any of my fri3nds i  the local vehicle trade  or see anything on selling pages please message me with details .    🤬🤬 One thing i hate is THIEVING LITTLE BASTARDS !! 🤬🤬
I will get ryan to comment what his vehicle is  ( i cant remember)

Crime – Vehicle offences
23/10/2019 17:51
LEIGH PARK WAY, WESTBURY, a suspect has unscrewed and stolen the front chrome grill, the chrome light surrounds and the mud guards and bumper from off of the victim's parked and unattended vehicle which was on the roadside.

Can I please remind you all, that any crimes need to be reported via 101, or 999 in an emergency. I am unable to take reports of crime via e-mail.

Thanks

Darren Foulger

Message Sent By
Darren Foulger (Police, Community Co-ordinator, CPT West Wiltshire )

Offline Debs

• facebook
Re: Theft
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 12:13:32 PM »
Ford transit custom tourneo. 2019 plate.          That is what the vehicle is, i couldnt remember when i did the original post.       

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 12:19:01 PM »
Golly - I'm actually shocked that anyone would do that on a quite busy road right where people would see from all directions ...

Last time I saw anything nicked off a car near me in Leigh Park was about 6 years ago when all my tyre air caps disappeared. I did not bother to report it and it happened again a week later ... I reckon a thug who lived in the same block as me was to blame but I was not prepared to risk any retribution if I named him as a suspect and the police interviewed him ...  Luckily he moved out soon after and everything has been quiet since ...

My first suspicion would be the occupants of the nearby homes, though I'm not saying they will all be bad. In a line of social homes like those just there there will be all sorts of petty and serious criminals lurking about and making up a small and nasty minority of the folk there, some of them being there as merely lodgers or current live-in "boyfriends" of the otherwise single-parent mothers who are (amazingly often)  the actual tenant ...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 13:24:45 PM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 12:59:46 PM »
Just heard , its now been hit as well .    I will know more later.

This isnt a scrappy car as can be seen by the photo. My lad works bloody hard to provide for his family of 6 kids.. 4 of his and 2 step children. Works long hours at times too ..  has to be more than sour grapes from  sugarty neighbours surely ,!!    That chrome isnt just  a thin layer stuck on , its solid chrome. The front grill alone is around 3 ft long. Someone must have seen something

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 13:21:02 PM »
Oh no ...

Well, I'd want the Police to check every car boot, bedroom and shed etc within 75 metres for mysterious car parts and also any home known to have any grudge with your son's family ...  I'd put money on something coming up from that ... even if it is just another unrelated dodgy find ...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 13:23:53 PM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 19:19:20 PM »
Oh no ...

Well, I'd want the Police to check every car boot, bedroom and shed etc within 75 metres for mysterious car parts and also any home known to have any grudge with your son's family ...  I'd put money on something coming up from that ... even if it is just another unrelated dodgy find ...

Id want everything checked and searched too but we both know that wont be happening.
Police presence in our town is virtually none existent  its no wonder these crimes go unsolved  . Not enough manpower to investigate or do the paperwork. Half the time they dont even attend crimes

Offline Damnit

• Hugs: 2
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 19:57:53 PM »
Poor chap, had he been parked round the back it probably either would not have happened with the vehicle out of sight or more chance of being seen by residents there, under their tenancy agreements non of the houses on Leigh Park Way with Aster Housing are supposed to park on the road, but the parents of the children living behind let them run wild jumping all over cars & damaging them with their bikes & scooters. The housing association have been out, spoken to residents & left letters but after 48 hours the children were set free again. The children shouldn't be in that area, it is the access for parking only not a play ground. Another time I remember the braison act of theft back in the 90's was The Manse on Warminster Road, it was on the market, someone broke in & stole all the copper from heating system & the stop cock & flooded the place, lots of people saw a white transit & thought it was a plumber! Such a shame it was beautiful inside we would have bought it if the garden had been more than 8 feet deep even with the damage, but then it was wrecked a whole heap more turning into bedsits.

Offline Debs

• facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 21:55:50 PM »
Poor chap, had he been parked round the back it probably either would not have happened with the vehicle out of sight or more chance of being seen by residents there, under their tenancy agreements non of the houses on Leigh Park Way with Aster Housing are supposed to park on the road, but the parents of the children living behind let them run wild jumping all over cars & damaging them with their bikes & scooters. The housing association have been out, spoken to residents & left letters but after 48 hours the children were set free again. The children shouldn't be in that area, it is the access for parking only not a play ground. Another time I remember the braison act of theft back in the 90's was The Manse on Warminster Road, it was on the market, someone broke in & stole all the copper from heating system & the stop cock & flooded the place, lots of people saw a white transit & thought it was a plumber! Such a shame it was beautiful inside we would have bought it if the garden had been more than 8 feet deep even with the damage, but then it was wrecked a whole heap more turning into bedsits.

Thats why my son has parked on the road.. because of the feral kids running riot. He used to have a lovely bmw  ut that got scratched when parked around the back  because of the kids