Author Topic: General Election 2019  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
Re: General Election 2019
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 14:16:45 PM »
Should this arrogant, privileged, holier- than- thou Tory prat be fired over his Grenfell tower comments?

Andrew Bridgen is just as guilty as well.

Well, his constituency can decide next month.

Oh they'll return him. Die hard Tories in his constituency. I saw one interviewed last night who was a 'regular' in the con club. Comparing the conservative club to Grenfell Tower by saying if this place was on fire I would follow Jacob and get out! - prat

Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
EXPOSED: Cost of Corbyn = £1.2 TN !!
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 15:55:06 PM »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Re: General Election 2019
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 16:51:12 PM »
We shouldn't be surprised. Labour has a habit of borrowing shed loads of money and then getting others to sort out the mess they leave the country in. I wonder what is more of a risk to our economy, Brexit, or a Corbyn led government?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline mojo

• Hugs: 3
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Re: EXPOSED: Cost of Corbyn = £1.2 TN !!
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2019, 16:53:48 PM »
See:  https://www.costofcorbyn.com/

Wow !!!

I do not support Labour, but that calculation is just made up.  The rail nationalisation figure comes from the CBI who have all but admitted it is made up, they did admit that they exaggerated the numbers and did not reflect Labours published policy.
There is no evidence of how any of those figures were calculated or how they compare to Tory spending pledges, especially as this is a conservative website "Promoted by Alan Mabbutt on behalf of the Conservative Party, both at 4 Matthew Parker Street, London, SW1H 9HQ"

Since the 2016 referendum I think there has been a greater political engagement, but with that there has also been disappointing increase in political lying that doesn't get challenged.  It doesn't matter if you support the Tories, Labour or Monster Raving Loonies surely the first thing you should ask yourself is what is the evidence to support the assertion? If the evidence used (we can all use Google) can be shown to lack credibility then you have to question the integrity and credibility of those who publish it.

Cheers
Mojo

Offline Bob DeBilda

• Hugs: 53
  • Hobby
brexit party will not contest 317 tory seats nigel farage says
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
Probably because he couldn't find enough candidates to stand. ::)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/11/brexit-party-will-not-contest-317-tory-seats-nigel-farage-says

Farage said his party’s climbdown came after months of trying to create a leave alliance with the Tories, but he felt it was time to put the country before his party and make a “unilateral” move.

He will announce on Friday in which seats the Brexit party is standing. Speculation continues over where the party will stand but it is not expected to run in Northern Ireland or parts of Scotland.

As he spelled out his general election strategy at a rally in Hartlepool, which voted 70% to leave the EU, Farage said he had concluded that if the Brexit party had stood a candidate in every seat it could split the vote and usher in dozens of Liberal Democrat MPs and, in turn, create the circumstances for a second referendum.

The mans a joke. It wasn't long ago he was quite happy to have a second referendum now he fears one ! And it wasn't that long ago he said he was walking away from politics !

Now he wants to rig the general election but has even cocked that up by the looks of it.  The sooner this chinless, public schoolboy, xtremist, xenophobic right wing sh1t stirrer is out of everyone's life the better.
Protect Local wildlife, Keep your cat indoors!