Author Topic: General Election 2019  (Read 5884 times)

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 81
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
Re: General Election 2019
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2019, 18:45:31 PM »
Well, if I risked £20, I'd want the winnings myself. As you've basically challenged me to give away my winnings, and therefore risk a lose or lose scenario, I'll decline.

I'm happy to acknowledge my win or miss on here, though you've not said what your prediction is. I would expect you to be a Tory, but I suppose as you are a Remoaner this may mean you will abstain this time ??

I suppose you will hope for Boris to lose so that there is a chance that Remain eventually occurs ...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 19:00:45 PM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline DORIAN

• Hugs: 6
  • in a hundred yeras time it will not matter
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2019, 09:47:32 AM »
Honestly, assuming everything. very dangerous
quite simply a wager, where your view of majority is being challenged . simple,
No problems just Solutions

Offline baldy

Boris Johnson widens lead over Jeremy Corbyn to 10 points
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »
Telegraph:  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/30/boris-johnson-widens-lead-jeremy-corbyn-10-points-amid-fall/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_em

Boris Johnson has widened his lead over Jeremy Corbyn to 10 points, amid a further fall in support for the Brexit Party, according to a poll.
A Savanta ComRes survey for The Sunday Telegraph puts the Conservatives on 43 per cent, a two point rise since early last week.
Labour and the Brexit Party have each dropped by one point to 33 per cent and 4 per cent respectively, while the Liberal Democrats remained on 13 per cent.
Writing in The Sunday Telegraph,  Sir John Curtice, the veteran psephologist, said the findings suggested that an "apparent erosion of the Conservative position may now have come to a halt."
The survey of 2,025 people also demonstrated support for a tough stance on the second phase of the Brexit negotiations.
Some 41 per cent said that if the EU and the UK fail to agree to a trade deal by the end of next year, the UK should end the transition without an agreement - compared to 27 per cent who disagreed.
On Friday Mr Johnson confirmed that a Conservative-led government would remain in a "state of readiness" for a no-deal Brexit - an outcome Mr Corbyn has said must be taken off the table.
The poll also showed that a majority of voters believed that the Conservatives would handle the economy competently.
By contrast only 27 per cent agreed that a government led by Mr Corbyn would handle the economy competently, while 54 per cent disagreed.

According to the survey, 70 per cent of those who voted to leave the EU currently support the Conservatives, while Labour is the most popular party among Remain voters, receiving 48 per cent of their votes.
Around 23 per cent of those who voted Remain in 2016 are planning to vote for the Liberal Democrats. Last week Sir John warned that the Conservatives "seemingly comfortable" lead would "soon be reduced if the Remain vote were to coalesce behind Labour."
However, 54 per cent of those intending to vote LibDem are not confident that a Labour government under Jeremy Corbyn would handle the economy competently, the Savanta ComRes poll found.
The survey was conducted online between Wednesday and Thursday.
The current vote shares would result in a Conservative majority of 42, according to projections by Electoral Calculus.
The Brexit Party would not win any seats.
On Saturday, Sir Vince Cable, the former Lib Dem leader, admitted that the party's policy to revoke the Article 50 notice period for leaving the EU, was "a distraction and not a very helpful one."
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).

Offline baldy

Offline baldy

Boris Johnson's party is up one point with a 12 point lead over Labour
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2019, 14:44:53 PM »
A poll to settle Tory nerves? Boris Johnson's party is up one point with a 12 point lead over Labour as Jeremy Corbyn's surge shows signs of stalling

Mail Online:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7750491/Labour-stalls-polls-Tories-12-point-lead.html

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)

Offline baldy

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2019, 23:23:46 PM »
Looks like Chuka (LibDem candidate) will get chucked in the Cities of London and Westminster constituency.

Mark Field (recent Conservative MP) is not standing again and I suppose this is a strongly remain seat anyway, not least because City workers/ bankers etc tend to hate BREXIT

Offline baldy

Offline baldy

Labour bible the New Statesman refuses to back Jeremy Corbyn + calls him unfit
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2019, 15:27:55 PM »
Labour bible the New Statesman refuses to back Jeremy Corbyn at the general election and calls him 'unfit to be prime minister'

Mail Online: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7755617/Labour-bible-New-Statesman-labels-Jeremy-Corbyn-unfit-prime-minister.html

Offline DORIAN

• Hugs: 6
  • in a hundred yeras time it will not matter
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »
its great that we have Westburys own Nick Robertson [beer] i think there is no need to renew my TV  License
No problems just Solutions

Offline baldy

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2019, 10:02:36 AM »
its great that we have Westburys own Nick Robertson [beer] i think there is no need to renew my TV  License

Your muddles seem to know no bound.  You must mean Nick Robinson (a BBC presenter / journalist).

You are required by law to have a BBC licence if you watch any channel on TV (whether you watch the BBC or not) or if you use the BBC iPlayer app on any digital device.

It is a criminal offence not to have a BBC licence if you watch any live TV or catchup TV.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:09:27 AM by baldy »

Offline baldy

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2019, 10:06:41 AM »
Michael

Can you please explain, as a senior executive of the South West Wiltshire Constituency Labour Party Association, why the latest leaflets for the Labour candidate have in bold letters on the front page the word "Re-elect" before the name of your candidate when actually she's never been elected to parliament before?

Surely, this is a deeply misleading attempt to suggest that your candidate is trying to get back into Parliament as if she held the seat at some time beforehand?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:20:26 AM by baldy »

Offline baldy

Corbyn is a disgusting terrorist-supporting traitorous racist
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2019, 12:20:34 PM »

Mail Online: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7759109/SEVENTY-Labour-whistleblowers-condemn-Jeremy-Corbyn-Labours-anti-Semitism-crisis.html

Corbyn's disgusting behaviour in supporting terrorists and the Russians is fact and beyond doubt.

This latest fact proves he is a disgusting racist anti-semite. He should be locked up.

All Corbyn supporters are guilty of supporting his causes too - ie. racism (especially Jews), supporting terrorists and treachery against the UK. 

The Labour party is now a vile disgusting organisation that should be closed down.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:40:46 AM by baldy »

Offline Michael

• Hugs: 12
  • Be especialy nice to newbies and to all others :)
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2019, 13:32:43 PM »
Michael

Can you please explain, as a senior executive of the South West Wiltshire Constituency Labour Party Association, why the latest leaflets for the Labour candidate have in bold letters on the front page the word "Re-elect" before the name of your candidate when actually she's never been elected to parliament before?

Surely, this is a deeply misleading attempt to suggest that your candidate is trying to get back into Parliament as if she held the seat at some time beforehand?
A genuine mistake, the template used to produce this leaflet was incorrectly approved and the leaflet sent out from central office by post was in this small detail incorrect.

Offline jimkerr

• Hugs: 3
  • Be nice to newbies :)
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2019, 13:35:19 PM »
A man of Peace and has fought against racism all is life winner of two peace Prize's unlike Bojo and the Tory Party he can't be bought the Tories are given Millions by Rich Russian's and by Rich money men.

Daily Mail, The Sun and Daily Express are all run by Right wing rich men who don't want the labour Party in to bring the billions of stashed away money back into to this country they will do and say all kind of rubbish and its funny you got to laugh even the rich jews don't want Labour in funny not seen any media about the Jewish People who support Corbyn in the media they cant find anything on the Man that he has said anything Racist yet Boris a known Racist wtf you support.