Author Topic: Slimming world  (Read 814 times)

Offline Damnit

• Hugs: 3
  • Be nice to newbies :)
Slimming world
« on: January 07, 2020, 06:15:17 AM »
I joined with one of these consultants in October 2018, the plan & support from both the consultant & other group members is second to done, I have witnessed great success & proud to say I am also a loser minus over 6 stone in less than 12 months to reach my target...happier & healthier than I have ever been...if you are wanting to make a change...do it...I am so glad I did https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/18138693.alan-carr-impressed-consultants-enthusiasm-dedication-help-wiltshire-lose-weight/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

Offline Shizzy

• Hugs: 38
Re: Slimming world
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 08:27:53 AM »
Congratulations, an inspiration to all that want to lose weight, and proof it can be done with support, willpower, determination and hard work.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 09:21:36 AM by Shizzy »
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 82
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 08:38:19 AM »
 [app] [app] [app]

[beer]
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline John GL

• Hugs: 5
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 21:36:24 PM »
Yesterday I noticed a whiteboard in the High Street advertising Slimming World.  It gave the venue as Westbury Leigh Community Centre on one side, and as Westbury Leigh Community Hall on the other.

It's actually at Leigh Park Community Centre. 

Offline baldy

• Hugs: 82
  • Westbury needs a cleanup -smear campaigners first!
    • Info about internet "Trolls"
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 01:47:37 AM »
Oh well ....

Some years ago, I used to get emotional at the idea that anyone could be such a moron as to mix the two places up but I've learnt to let this go since I realised that every time any such mistake was made, people would go to the wrong venue and then would realise the mistake and work out where to go and which place is which and the lesson would be learnt.

This realisation mainly started with Elections and when both venues started to be used simultaneously as different polling stations in 2013 for local elections because folk going to the wrong polling station would quickly be told where to go - literally.

And then I realised that sooner or later someone would be annoyed that they had been given an incorrect name, such as Slimming World used to do in their adverts (I did not know their street boards were also wrong), and would contact the correct administrator to try to get the matter corrected.

The real source of the problem is the primary school which refused to help matters when it moved from Westbury Leigh into Leigh Park by claiming that it is now not in Leigh Park nor Westbury Leigh so would just say Westbury in its address ...  Of course the completion of Leigh Park now means that the school is almost surrounded by the Leigh Park estate, which includes now the surgery as well.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 01:54:41 AM by baldy »
I'm here in my private capacity as a local resident only (unless stated otherwise).
Click to see:    Twitter  
NB. Alternative name: Lord High Commander Dr. Baldy

Offline Damnit

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 05:40:42 AM »
John, they hold classes at both the Leigh Park community center & Westburyleigh Hall on different days, unfortunately much to my consultants annoyance Slimming World who produce the posters banners etc have a habit of getting days, times or locations wrongly printed which is not very helpful, but usually it is accompanied with the correct telephone numbers to confirm arrangements thankfully if there is any confusion

Offline John GL

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 19:08:09 PM »
John, they hold classes at both the Leigh Park community center & Westburyleigh Hall on different days

Slimming World certainly don't have classes at Westbury Leigh Community Hall, and never have.  We used to have Weightwatchers there, but their organiser moved away and they couldn't find a replacement.  We do have several yoga classes, hula-hooping, tai chi, pilates, sewing, bridge, drawing, dancing, clubbercise, bingo and markets.

Offline Damnit

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 19:21:10 PM »
Oops sorry John my bad I thought there was however I clearly am mistaken & I apologise that it seems to have offended you

Offline John GL

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 19:39:01 PM »
Oops sorry John my bad I thought there was however I clearly am mistaken & I apologise that it seems to have offended you

No offence!  Sorry if I gave that impression

Offline Damnit

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 19:47:54 PM »
Thank you  :-*

Offline Debs

• Hugs: 72
  • Love life and life will love you back <3
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 01:34:59 AM »
I joined with one of these consultants in October 2018, the plan & support from both the consultant & other group members is second to done, I have witnessed great success & proud to say I am also a loser minus over 6 stone in less than 12 months to reach my target...happier & healthier than I have ever been...if you are wanting to make a change...do it...I am so glad I did https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/18138693.alan-carr-impressed-consultants-enthusiasm-dedication-help-wiltshire-lose-weight/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

👏👏👏    very well done

Offline Damnit

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 17:00:26 PM »
Thank you Debs x