The General Boards > General Discussion

New shop for trowbridge

<< < (2/3) > >>

Debs:
Thos was the front boarding that was removed a fortnight ago .    The holes were from the sign . 
But thanks again 

baldy:
I now realise which building this is. It faces south west so the idea that the sun might be involved in causing the crack remains a possibility but I don't really know as it could be caused by all sorts of possibilities.

One possibility is the pitched roof behind the parapet wall spreading sideways a bit causing the beam to move sideways out a bit - I'm just guessing now.

When you say the landlord is responsible for repairs, my key point is that this is something that needs to go beyond what the tenant thinks to being clearly written in the licence / lease without any clawback by the landlord via a service charge clause.  There are tenants going around with what they think are non-repairing leases who then realise it is actually a standard fully repairing business lease where the tenant pays absolutely everything because they have to repay the landlord when he does his repairs to cover all his costs and the landlord controls what is spent and who does the work when the repairs are done ...

Bob DeBilda:
Bit ironic that the crack is in a block wall that was once occupied by an insurance broker. Presumably they didn't have insurance to get it repaired? But that's typical insurance companies for you. Always wriggling out of paying claims!

Bob DeBilda:
Oh I forgot to say Debs. I hope your daughters baby business booms !  (baby boomer)  ;D

There used to be one down Maristow Street that I was always in with Mrs DeBilda getting stuff for the grandies. That was a great shop.

Shizzy:

--- Quote from: Bob DeBilda on January 14, 2020, 10:27:10 am ---

There used to be one down Maristow Street that I was always in with Mrs DeBilda getting stuff for the grandies. That was a great shop.

--- End quote ---

So did I, really disappointed when I turned up one day to find it closed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version