The General Boards > General Discussion

Covid 19

<< < (6/6)

baldy:
I look forward to the public inquiry, but in the meantime as long as the government continues to follow the advice of the official medical and scientific advisers, they must be allowed to do their job. On this basis, the inquiry will be mostly about whether the official advice given was correct and whether it was followed properly.

I have to say that no-one should think that cabinet members are automatically responsible for anything that goes wrong.  The NHS has a huge system for procuring all sorts of kit and stuff and all sorts of senior directors have been deciding what to buy and where to store stuff and what logistics they use to distribute it. MPs can't really be expected to know all the details but they are going to have to explain what they have done to sort the problems once the problems became clear.  Someone somewhere needs their backside kicked very hard indeed for the mess that has emerged in terms of getting personal protective equipment (PPE) to those who need it. It seems that some senior logistics folk could not organise anything quickly and need real professionals to do the job for them (eg. the military).

Shizzy:
I have to agree with Baldy over the PPE debacle. Not sure why this has landed an the feet of government after all the NHS should have been preparing for this and buying the PPE that would be required.

Michael:

--- Quote from: Shizzy on March 30, 2020, 16:50:21 pm ---I have to agree with Baldy over the PPE debacle. Not sure why this has landed an the feet of government after all the NHS should have been preparing for this and buying the PPE that would be required.

--- End quote ---
The NHS has suffered, as have most government bodies, from the austerity policies, it has been underfunded and forced to cut services.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version